Wanted [WTB] 2004 or 2005 WSOP ceramic tributes for weekly family tournament (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone,

As the title states, I’m looking to buy a ceramic set of either 04’ or 05’ WSOP tributes.

My fiancé’s mother is recently divorced, and I suggested to my fiancé that since the bulk of her side of the family enjoy poker, we could host a weekly poker tourney at her place, fill the house and make a family night of it. That being said, I’m currently designing art for a custom CPC set, but I don’t want to travel a lot with a higher end clay set of chips. I think a nice easy to clean ceramic set will be perfect for the situation. People will be eating and drinking, and they aren’t big into chips so I think something that has a bit of a more robust nature in terms of getting dirtied or damaged, would be perfect.

I figured a tournament would be the best bet for this event, since we can make the buy in whatever everyone is comfortable with, and the chips remain the same no matter what.

I need a set that can support 8ish players with some cushion for rebuys etc. The denoms I’m looking for are T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, with maybe some T10,000 for rebuys. The amounts of the chips don’t have to be exact, just something playable in those denoms for that size game. For starting stacks, I would most likely be doing 12/12/7/5 going in order respectively from T25 to T1000

So yeah, if anyone has anything along these lines, please comment or shoot me a PM and I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

-Zach

Last edited:
These are still available from ABC Gifts. Somewhere around $1/chip I think.

You could get replicas from China using the cards mold, but it would take a while to get them and you would need the art assets.

If you want something cheaper, there is a china clay version of the curret WSOP chips. Out of production, but you can still put up a want ad and probably get some bites. Those will run you .30-.45/chip. Not everyone likes them though. They have a sort of rough texture on the face to improve stability in stacks. Takes a bit of getting used to. I use them as my cash game set, but there is a tournament version as well.

Oh, just realized that the 2004/2005 chips were the older Bud Jones design, not the ones I was pointing him towards above. As Legend5555 points out, he would need to get the artwork for the older set, I don't recall seeing them done on the cards mold.

Yeah the 04’ 05’ are the bud Jones style, just a couple pics from google. And I know ABC has them still, was just seeing if anyone had an older set they wanted to unload or something. Also ABC doesn’t sell the 2nd style pictured, with the white edges, more in the chipco style than the current offerings.

Attachments

• 5B5B481A-9836-4E6A-BD94-3B356E1CE616.jpeg
    5B5B481A-9836-4E6A-BD94-3B356E1CE616.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 954BED3B-6095-4A8C-9479-308112F9C7D8.jpeg
    954BED3B-6095-4A8C-9479-308112F9C7D8.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 134
These are still available from ABC Gifts. Somewhere around $1/chip I think.

You could get replicas from China using the cards mold, but it would take a while to get them and you would need the art assets.

If you want something cheaper, there is a china clay version of the curret WSOP chips. Out of production, but you can still put up a want ad and probably get some bites. Those will run you .30-.45/chip. Not everyone likes them though. They have a sort of rough texture on the face to improve stability in stacks. Takes a bit of getting used to. I use them as my cash game set, but there is a tournament version as well.
Yeah I’m really only looking for the Bud Jones style chips, not the current WSOP stylings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom