Tourney WSOP tournament series ideas

DoubleEagle

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the event of a big win, all league participants will be responsible for their fair share of taxes.
This is extremely important to have a plan in advance if anyone wines over $5,000. We had this happen about 10 years ago in our WSOP league. The player that cashed got bad advice from his tax person and wound up eating some extra taxes. I strongly suggest you have a plan in place to cover this issue if it comes up. I am sure there must be a CPA on the forum to give good advice. My understanding is the winning player may be able send each member of the group a W-2G in order to transfer those tax liabilities to each group member. An itemized 1040 may be required to claim the deductions which could also be a problem for some members of the group. Just work this all out in advance. Money changes people.

Good luck! I would be in in a heartbeat if I was local.

DaneWoj

Pair
Reaction score
Possible $1500 WSOP buy-in events in Las Vegas:

June 5-6 - Millionaire Maker
June 12-13 - Monster Stack

If any PCF players in the Tampa Bay area would like to participate, please send me a PM. @Anthony Martino @Schmendr1ck @ni9n3r

We used to always do $1500 events. But due to these 2 weekends being the only $1500 events we are probably doing $1000 buy in double stack. Almost the same as monster but allows for more ppl to play from our league.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
We used to always do $1500 events. But due to these 2 weekends being the only $1500 events we are probably doing $1000 buy in double stack. Almost the same as monster but allows for more ppl to play from our league.
The full schedule isn't out yet - there may still be more $1500 events to come.

bsdunbar1

Full House
Reaction score
We have done this same thing the last 2 years and I strongly agree with holding the individual game payouts until the later games. Both years when people are really far back in the standings, and there isn't anything to play for, the attendance suffers.
In the first several events everyone has something to play for.

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the end of season freeroll which requires full participation in all events will entice people to play.

Frogzilla

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the end of season freeroll which requires full participation in all events will entice people to play.
What’s the plan if one of the tournaments doesn’t fill up though? Free roll winner only gets $2450 or $2400?

Top Bottom