WSOP chip set value? (2 Viewers)

Migmurray

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey there, I have this WSOP High Roller 11.5 Gram 500 Poker Chip Set from Excalibur Electronics and I wanted to know how much it worths nowadays.

There's 140x Grey/White Chips, 60x Black Chips, 100x Green Chips, 100x Blue Chips and 100x Red Chips. There's also a Dealer Button, 4 decks of WSOP cards (never used), a pair of Keys and 5x removable Chip Racks. All in a hard-top, locking aluminum case with a clear top. I belive this chips are from 2005, bought them in 2009 I think.

Here's some pics:
5YoL7y.jpg

46Pcvw.jpg

zWEj4N.jpg

UuxjCJ.jpg

xJ2600.jpg

KA67L4.jpg

qiJcgl.jpg

Those would maybe be worth 10-15 dollars but I doubt anyone on here would but them being they are plastic slugged chips.

The chips aren't worth anything really to anyone that knows anything about poker chips. The case looks pretty cool though.

Yeah, those are cheapo chips. Nicely branded, but cheapos. Definitely worth less than you paid.
Maybe you get lucky and get $25 from somebody on Craigslist.
Realistically, the case is worth like $10, and the cards are worth a buck a deck, and those are probably more than half the value of what you have.

Hey, ask for however much money you want. But you'll be lucky to get more than $25 for them.
Chips of the same quality can be bought brand new for $30-$40 all day every day at Walmart, target, and Amazon.

The chips are cheap injection-molded plastic with embedded metal slugs to add weight. The case is worth about $10-$15 to the right person, but the 500 chips are worth maybe 2-5c each (so $10-$25 tops).

Good luck trying to sell them. Not many buyers in the market for used cheap chips.

I do not intend to sell to a collector, those are playable chip
The problem is that they are pretty crappy playable chips. The combination of similar spot colors, similar appearance in pots, and slippery hard-to-handle and nearly unstackable plastic do not lend towards a favorable playing experience.

The people here aren't the audience for this type of chip set. You likely wouldn't get anyone here to pay the shipping cost to get the set. I absolutely would not pay anything to get these chips and wouldn't put them in play. {Though I might give them away as a door prize.}

However there is a market, somewhat competitive, for such chips. I would be a little more optimistic about the pricing than many here. I guess you might get $30 - $50, but it could be a long wait to find a buyer because there are a lot of chips in this style on the market.

I hope you didn't have higher expectations -=- DrStrange

$50-$150 according to Craigslist asking prices.

Unfortunately not many people on this forum will be interested in those. Good luck - I hope you find a buyer and that you spend some time poking around here :)

Thanks guys, here in brazil its a whole new story, our currency worths very little ($1 dollar = R$3,40 real), plus +-50% taxes to import stuff.
Theres also a few videos on youtube showing the sound and stacking of this chips, they are not really slippery or plasticky feel, and the logo inlay is still perfect after all these years, so they do have some quality.
I understant this is more of a expert/collector focused fórum and I appreciate your insights, I'll see what i can get here in Brazil.
The only place online that i found that still sells this exact case is SaleStores and its for $147,00.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, here in brazil its a hole new story, our currency worths very little ($1 dollar = R$3,40 real), plus +-50% taxes to import stuff.
Theres also a few videos on youtube showing the sound and stacking of this chips, they are not really slippery or plasticky feel, and the logo inlay is still perfect after all these years, so they do have some quality.
I understant this is more of a expert/collector focused fórum and I appreciate your insights, I'll see what i can get here in Brazil.
The only place online that i found that still sells this exact case is SaleStores and its for $147,00.

You asked the question and a handful of people have already given you the answer that you don't want to hear. $20 for the set if your lucky, but it's your set so list them for $147,000 and see how many buyers you have lined up. (y) :thumbsup:

You asked the question and a handful of people have already given you the answer that you don't want to hear. $20 for the set if your lucky, but it's your set so list them for $147,000 and see how many buyers you have lined up. (y) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your time, appreciate it.

, = . so $147. Also not sure if he means USD or not. If not divide by 3.4

They're probably worth ~$40usd to non-PCF types of players, people would prefer those over regular dice chips..

Understand that your question is like you went to a Ferrari forum and asked the value of a 1976 Ford Pinto.

I was just doing some research honestly, the economy in my country is really different from the US, we pay a load of money to get anything imported. I don't see this set for sale anywhere anymore so i came to this forum that was the best place i could find where people know about chips, even though I know this is not the type of chips you guys are interested in. I wasnt expecting for them to worth all that much, but definitely worths more then 20 bucks here in Brazil.
Just for fun, the new Macbook Pro 15 inch its 2.8k in the US, and its 15k~20k on the apple store here in Brazil.
Thanks again for the insight on the chips, mods can close this topic now if you wish.

On this point you are sadly mistaken. The chips are very slippery (exploding barrels), they feel like plastic because they ARE plastic, and they sound like metal change clanging due to the metal insert. Stacks of chips will fall over easily, due to low surface friction. The logo is printed (NOT an inlay), and will rub off over time.

Like it or not, they are at the very bottom of the quality scale when it comes to poker chips. Good luck with your sale efforts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom