Worthy Purchase? Paulson Classics (2 Viewers)

Hopeinaday

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello Gurus, require your expertise in the following:

Got a deal for a set of 496 chips of Paulson Classics @ US$880.

should it be a snap call on this?

Hello Gurus, require your inputs.

Got a deal for 496 Chips @ US$880 and was wondering if it should be a snap call.

465483E4-A521-4978-B718-3AEB5E85402E.jpeg

Got a deal for 496 Chips @ US$880 and was wondering if it should be a snap call.
Yes, pending condition.

Yes. Looks like a good deal at under $2 a chip. I've been adding to my collection and have been paying around $2.50 per chip for the $10s and $3-$4 per chip for $5s, $25s, and $100s.

Any idea if there are fakes going around for them?

Extra photos from seller for reference

Attachments

• 920CFDEF-BFD8-4C3C-802E-A51DF866E783.jpeg
    920CFDEF-BFD8-4C3C-802E-A51DF866E783.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 8E22D8DD-D9D1-4AB2-8929-82BB9F88425B.jpeg
    8E22D8DD-D9D1-4AB2-8929-82BB9F88425B.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 1F020902-EF86-4D85-B160-2E95CE6FFDF9.jpeg
    1F020902-EF86-4D85-B160-2E95CE6FFDF9.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 181

Just make sure he isnt only selling three paulson chips and the rest is china clay. Iam seeing lots of it on eBay, f..e
Screenshot_20200415_171632_com.android.chrome.jpg

Very good price on a per chip basis. Keep in mind that this isn't a playable set as it stands but rather this is the start to a playable set. Depending on your needs you'll be able to add to it by the rack (or barrel) via members here. You'll likely be able to find trade partners as well if you don't need, for instance, an entire rack of $100's.

I’ve been using 500 chip set (Milanos) with similar breakdowns for $1/$1 for about 6 pax, suffices for now. But definitely gotta get more racks for full ring?

Breakdown looks like:

$1 x 147
$5 x 149
$25 x 100
$100 x 100

More pictures from seller if anybody can pick out any signs of inauthenticity.

Attachments

• F837AC4C-EFF3-4BE4-9F8D-61DA379A9016.jpeg
    F837AC4C-EFF3-4BE4-9F8D-61DA379A9016.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 99B23373-673A-4DD5-AEC7-873485DBD12D.jpeg
    99B23373-673A-4DD5-AEC7-873485DBD12D.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 113
Generally speaking, a good deal. But I, personally, don't like the Classics and would rather spend that money toward a different Paulson fantasy line or other clay chips entirely. Just my opinion. Others really love these.
Agreed, two things that turn me off on the Classics - the inlays (to me, they are just ugly, no matter how much I like the colors/spots) and the mold saying "Paulson Chips". But, it's just a matter of taste.

Agreed, two things that turn me off on the Classics - the inlays (to me, they are just ugly, no matter how much I like the colors/spots) and the mold saying "Paulson Chips". But, it's just a matter of taste.
Totally agree, but can't argue with the price in the OP if one happens to be a buyer of these chips. Well below most asking prices.

Clean, color match the edge spots...what's not to like?

I'm still a new guy here, been a stalker for a while. But it's really interesting to see how people either love or hate the Paulson Classics. It seems like there's usually a consensus on if a design is good or bad. Also interesting to see with so many people hating on them and yet the chips are still so highly priced in the market place.

I have a set of 2,150 Paulson classics and love them. They have been great for our home game and always get compliments on them from new players that join us.

I'll admit there are some beautiful chips out there and won't claim that the classics are the best ever, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are ugly. All personal opinion and taste I guess.

Cheers

I love the classics. Although, when I bought mine, they were the only new home chips Paulson was making.
What I have always liked is the clean large denomination...although I would’ve preferred a different typeface for the number. As for the mold, the Paulson Chips doesn’t bother me, and I like that it has the th&c.
Regarding the OP, enjoy the chips! Seems like a good deal on great chips.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they are ugly.
From a design perspective, I find inlays that are color-matched to spot colors highly distracting and very often confusing (if the inlay color is similar to another chip's base color).

I went after classics when I first joined up. Still love the 100s. I'd say good pickup.

Inlay is kinda boring for me in context of so many customs that have been created by folks here. Gives you new appreciation for the creativity along with color/spot progression choices.

+1, my thoughts exactly.
So no @Hopeinaday, imho not a worthy purchase. I say keep hunting, there's plenty more aesthetically pleasing chips out there in this price range.
Oh btw welcome to the forum!

I mean, even if I dislike the chips, I'd still find this a worthy purchase because of the very good price as @BGinGA also pointed out. And I could always use them later for trade.

Grab em'

I think classics are something chippers grow out of. They are oftentimes the first Paulson's people become aware of. They get a craving for them. Once they get them... they may get a craving for something else. These are a pretty good deal. Worst case, buy them, use them. If you decide to sell them down the line, you won't lose money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom