Word of Warning labelling over 43mm chips (1 Viewer)

grantc54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Removing unlaminated labels on 43mm chips and am noticing damage to the inlay on most chips (pulling up on plastic cover) and one popped off.

In my experience with doing inlay removal on various 43mm chips (Horseshoe $1000, AS $20, $25, $100 and a few others) the plastic cover on the inlay comes away from the chip very easily.

Not big deal for me as I am doing an inlay replacement on these chips but I thought I would put out a warning if you think you will easily be able to go back to stock.

It is hard to see in pic as there is still glue but on the upper edge of inlay you can see it has come away from the label underneath.
20190522_145111.jpg

And another completely off
20190522_145134.jpg

I had problems with 39mm also. They do damage the inlays when removing sometimes, at least on the paulsons I was using.

I had problems with 39mm also. They do damage the inlays when removing sometimes, at least on the paulsons I was using.

Based on how much easier the plastic comes off on the 43mm I suspect you would see a higher rate of damage. Actually, some other high denom newer chips are similar (like the Horseshoe Cleveland secondary $500). I wonder if this may be do a difference due the security on these chips (the silver dot)?

HS Clev sec 500 was one for me but then so was Oak Tree 100 so no pattern i could see and number of chips was limited sampling. Basically applied a few test labels, made design changes, rinse repeat. By the time finals came many months later the orig tests had some problems coming off.

So out of 20 chips I had plastic inlay covers come off of one side on 6 chips. A pretty high hit rate.

You might have stumbled on a great thing here. If you crazy glue something on the inlays of older, used chips you might be able to get a better, deeper surface for the labels that might even accomodate lamination.

You might have stumbled on a great thing here. If you crazy glue something on the inlays of older, used chips you might be able to get a better, deeper surface for the labels that might even accomodate lamination.

Interesting, I will put a laminated inlay on one when I get home and see how high it sits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom