SOLD Wooden Card Boxes-All this for a slice of gabagool (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Pretty sick of bumping and having these boxes. I have 6* more in my house and I'm willing to let them go for cheaper, hit me via PM and we can talk.

6 boxes for $90 $86 $83 $80 shipped!

1 is awkward because of packing but shipping is ~$11, $15 + whatever my shipping ends up being.
2 is in a MFRB, $43 shipped
3 MFRB as well, $56 shipped
and 4 I eat more of it, $70 shipped
6 in a large-flat-rate?! Take if for $94, you animals, you've pushed me too far.

If you haven't checked out @Machine Angels that he's selling, you're ridiculous and have a weak bloodline. Go check it.
Beautiful Poker Jumbo Index Angels
C6CF5FB5-5F2A-488F-A674-71C9F95B2C37.jpeg

20230212_100356.jpg

Buying and selling these wooden hinged card boxes. Got the story on them, a man's father was an inventor and asked for these to be made so that cards are easy to pick up. I'm not going to lie, it's not a mahogany heirloom piece but I'm very impressed with the product and will be keeping a bunch, I like these a lot better than the COPAG plastic boxes that always seem to stick or cardboard boxes. Outside is sleek, obviously takes up more space than the COPAG box due to wood + the nice overhang on the lid.

20230212_100751.jpg

Hinges feel good, lid is weighty enough to feel like it works but not annoyingly so. Inside: has a felted indentation below where the cards sit. I like the look of this, and this combined with the recessed separator allows for me to grab the cards real easy. Definitely not necessary but a cool feature from someone who obviously uses and values cards. Divider is high enough that there's no mixing between the decks, a pet peeve of mine. Divider sits flush with the lid at either side, curved down to let you pick the decks up in the middle.

20230212_095455.jpg

20230212_100559.jpg

Below are a few pictures with both bridge and poker sized cards. The first ones, black and red, are the cards it comes with. Definitely cheaper paper cards, perfect if you don't want to shuffle, deal, use them in any way... Lol. Let me know if you want these and I'll leave them in.
20230212_095551.jpg

First pictured is poker-sized COPAG, then Faded Spades bridge sized. Poker is perfectly snug, very easy to take out because of the design. Bridge has more space and can move around.
20230212_100332.jpg

20230212_100518.jpg

The reason he had these made was this indent, makes it really easy to pick the cards up. I like how it looks and have found myself picking up and shaking the COPAG boxes to get them out, and this is so much better. Shown below is what they look like when you push on the outside of the card: they drop in, letting you pick up the full deck with no scraping for that joker/Ace on the bottom. The poker sized don't do this without the little push down to grab them, I've found if I lean the bridge sized just right at the right angle they can fall in when the lids open, but you really have to pick it up and work at it. Otherwise they stay flat.
20230212_144531.jpg

20230212_100356.jpg

Overall, this is a cool product. I'm biased because I'm the seller but its nice and rather than a plastic or cardboard box on my desk with my cards I now have this box! Its cool.

$15 each + shipping. Husband and student, I don't have a storefront so I'd rather ship these out once/twice a week.

$70 shipped for 4 in a medium-flat rate box with padding, little discount to encourage my laziness and less packing.

**Please comment with the quantity you want. I make no guarantees on expediency of your order because I'll be driving to pick them up and will not have a huge standing stock. Its not coming from Taiwan but does take a good drive for me then shipping.**
A10C0B26-91CA-47BA-A38B-A4EB51DEC99E.jpeg

*Pic courtesy of @OneEyedHack

I also have some setups I can include if you'd like for extra, used and new, just ask.

Last edited:
Perfect. Thanks. Some of my cards have boxes, and some don't, so looks good either way.
Im thinking on this, whether I want all my decks in uniform boxes like this, could add labels to the front or something. We'll see how many I keep but its absolutely on my desk now. Have some old decks I like to shuffle occasionally, this makes my mess much classier at work lol.

Im thinking on this, whether I want all my decks in uniform boxes like this, could add labels to the front or something. We'll see how many I keep but its absolutely on my desk now. Have some old decks I like to shuffle occasionally, this makes my mess much classier at work lol.
Sounds like you will have access to these for a while, correct? I'm hoping to move soon and have a dedicated poker space within a year. When I do, I will probably want a couple/few of these.

Sounds like you will have access to these for a while, correct? I'm hoping to move soon and have a dedicated poker space within a year. When I do, I will probably want a couple/few of these.
Soon is a wide a big word; Im on a research cruise May-June then moving in July. I'll PM you, no problem.

Question, is the guy you know the actual builder, or just someone importing these in bulk from China or somewhere? Just wondering if there might be an option to get thise in a natural wood finish? Made from oak, cherry, maple and walnut or other finer hardwoods.

Question, is the guy you know the actual builder, or just someone importing these in bulk from China or somewhere? Just wondering if there might be an option to get thise in a natural wood finish? Made from oak, cherry, maple and walnut or other finer hardwoods.
Supplier is the original owner. His father designed (dont know what was done, no particulars), bought, and shipped them in from Taiwan. After his passing, his son is selling them brand new in box.

I am personally not interested in furthering these with finer materials but a carpenter could definitely do so.

Supplier is the original owner. His father designed (dont know what was done, no particulars), bought, and shipped them in from Taiwan. After his passing, his son is selling them brand new in box.

I am personally not interested in furthering these with finer materials but a carpenter could definitely do so.
Yeah, I know. I've briefly discussed something similar with @alecnetwoodworks It would be a lot more expensive to do hand made by a craftsman like him with nice wood. Probably in the $50 range. For the price, these are really awesome.

Busy day at work. Will be shipping the first 20 later today and PMing tracking. Will pick up 40 more cardboxes tomorrow or Wedns, 16 of those are already spoken for.

Not sure how much interest will continue, let me know if you want more bulk before then. I'm not gonna make this drive more than once a week going forward.

Good God, thank you all for being efficient. 31 of the 40 boxes Im picking up on Wednesday are spoken for, let me know if others want them so I can grab another 20 pack. Dont want to be stuck with a bunch of these. Theyre nice, but I dont need 20.

BUMP, driving to re-up tomorrow and I'm on the fence about getting an extra 20 boxes in bulk, let me know if there's more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom