Wood poker chip trays (1 Viewer)

Huskerchipper

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have seen some past threads about members making and offering wooden poker chip trays and im not sure if anyone here is still building so I was looking around and found these. Does anyone know anything about them? The one thing I always regretted was not buying this type of tray when a member offered them at Chiptalk years ago. So if anyone has any feedback on these or if someone knows a member that is still offering them please let me know! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903_134755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230903_134755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 129
I have seen some past threads about members making and offering wooden poker chip trays and im not sure if anyone here is still building so I was looking around and found these. Does anyone know anything about them? The one thing I always regretted was not buying this type of tray when a member offered them at Chiptalk years ago. So if anyone has any feedback on these or if someone knows a member that is still offering them please let me know! :)
@alecnetwoodworks

$9 each, though.
As someone who does a bit of woodworking, I consider $9 to be a deal. If you are looking for mass produced racks in wood, maybe you can find a bit better of a price, but not much.

If you are asking a wood working to custom make ones (especially ones with figured wood, customized engraving, and several coats of finish like the photo the OP provided) you will pay a (justified) premium for the many hours of skilled labor that go into them. In fact the OP photo shows a price of $22 per rack.

As someone who does a bit of woodworking, I consider $9 to be a deal. If you are looking for mass produced racks in wood, maybe you can find a bit better of a price, but not much.

If you are asking a wood working to custom make ones (especially ones with figured wood, customized engraving, and several coats of finish like the photo the OP provided) you will pay a (justified) premium for the many hours of skilled labor that go into them. In fact the OP photo shows a price of $22 per rack.
I have no problem with price. It will be a purchase that will last a lifetime. I actually found my notes on what I was looking for. The guy at Chiptalk was Sven and his company was OzWoodworking. I believe I found a website and FB page. It HAS to be him, I haven't reached out yet over the holidays. He did GORGEOUS stuff! Cases, trays and racks.

A chest with removable wooden trays

Attachments

• 20230904_201933.jpg
    20230904_201933.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 60
These chip trays are at the top of my list

Attachments

• 20230904_202007.jpg
    20230904_202007.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230904_202104.jpg
    20230904_202104.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 73
I can help with these. I make them. Those were made for a friend of mine who has an eBay business in Louisville, KY. He sells them there and I have an Esty account. These are stackable like the plastic ones and can be personalized. Please let me know if there's any questions i can answer.
Thanks,
Russ

I can help with these. I make them. Those were made for a friend of mine who has an eBay business in Louisville, KY. He sells them there and I have an Esty account. These are stackable like the plastic ones and can be personalized. Please let me know if there's any questions i can answer.
Thanks,
Russ
Thank you SO much for the reply. I'm definitely going to get some stuff made. Very nice work btw! I have seen them on Etsy as well. I will PM you soon! Excited :)

Latest editions

Attachments

• Black Limba.JPG
    Black Limba.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 23
  • Padauk.JPG
    Padauk.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Purple Heart.JPG
    Purple Heart.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Red Oak.JPG
    Red Oak.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 19
  • Walnut.JPG
    Walnut.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 19
  • White Oak.JPG
    White Oak.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 24

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom