Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (14 Viewers)

Thanks Forrest! To be clear though, none of those were milled, only inlay-replaced.

That pic makes me laugh/cringe... I don't have the glasses or the beard anymore. It's like I've taken off a disguise or something :)
Is there a place where price/process/turnaround time is discussed?

Have some downtime this weekend, so decided to play with the CPC tool again.

F1A1B2A5-2D05-4CA9-9312-1314D68A4A66.png

Have some downtime this weekend, so decided to play with the CPC tool again.

View attachment 981049

Nice musing, but all tri-colour 312… somehow this spot pattern looks better with a single spot colour imho

of these, the $1 and the $500 are my favs, but exchanging dayglo saturn for canary might be a better choice here

... not really feeling this one, tbh.

What's the inlay image? Looks like some kind of structure? Like a cabana on a beach, maybe?

For the record, I don’t think ANY relabel, by definition, could be better than an original, but in the case of a THC set with an errant RHC chip in it (the Aztar MO $5, the PCA $1), it always bothers me that the lineups have mixed molds.

It’s for that very reason I tend to think that RHC lower denoms pair better with IHC chips, and THC lineups should not deviate into IHC chips for the bigger denoms. It just doesn’t look right.

By the way, I don’t think an Aztar MO $500 exists. I’ve only seen Aztar IN $500s, which are purple, and of course, many versions of an IHC V1 $1k.

3C364A60-2A4D-429C-A479-7D9265A6FD87.jpeg

Did a mock-up of my secondary cash lineup, and it was only halfway through the Photoshop process did I realize that I left out the ES $500 chip, which will be the $500 in the set. I’ll try and redo it this weekend.

xi2GhX9.jpg
I am a big fan of the mostly all 43 mm sets. Love it!

This is the final lineup for my secondary cash set, which uses a bunch of IHC chips.

The primary cash set is all THC.

miHMY9H.jpg

Here’s the full secondary lineup:

y7C94h8.jpg

6PH0Z2h.jpg

ChuQrLj.jpg

3Cys6tG.jpg

The chips being used:

Primary cash set (all THC) -

- ESST T25 ($25)
- BTP $20 ($100)
- RPC $5 ($1000)
- Truman’s House $1 ($5k)
- Truman’s House snapper ($25k)
- ES frac ($100k)

Secondary cash set:

- RPC 39mm T25 ($25)
- RPC Primary Cash $20 ($100)
- ES $500 ($500)
- RPC Blaze IHC $1k ($1k)
- RPC white hundo IHC ($5k)
- RPC Mexican rose IHC $500 ($25k)
- HSI secondary grey 814 IHC $5k ($100k)

This is the final lineup for my secondary cash set, which uses a bunch of IHC chips.

The primary cash set is all THC.

miHMY9H.jpg

Here’s the full secondary lineup:

y7C94h8.jpg

6PH0Z2h.jpg

ChuQrLj.jpg

3Cys6tG.jpg

The chips being used:

Primary cash set (all THC) -

- ESST T25 ($25)
- BTP $20 ($100)
- RPC $5 ($1000)
- Truman’s House $1 ($5k)
- Truman’s House snapper ($25k)
- ES frac ($100k)

Secondary cash set:

- RPC 39mm T25 ($25)
- RPC Primary Cash $20 ($100)
- ES $500 ($500)
- RPC Blaze IHC $1k ($1k)
- RPC white hundo IHC ($5k)
- RPC Mexican rose IHC $500 ($25k)
- HSI secondary grey 814 IHC $5k ($100k)
Call me crazy but it feels like the $25 chips used in each should be switched.

Thought I’d finally take the plunge into the CPC world, and have chosen the jockey mold. I wanted to do something equestrian related, and then remembered a reference from my favorite movie, Notting Hill. The main character, played by Hugh Grant, stumbles through a press junket by making up a story that he was a journalist for "Horse and Hound", which makes for some inspired comedy.

I started with a collage of my favorite scenes / images from the movie, seeing if I could build a set using their colors. This is where I started.

horseandhoundcollage.png

While the colors work with the palette of the film, it really isn't a great chipset.

Next iterations coming soon.

Thought I’d finally take the plunge into the CPC world, and have chosen the jockey mold. I wanted to do something equestrian related, and then remembered a reference from my favorite movie, Notting Hill. The main character, played by Hugh Grant, stumbles through a press junket by making up a story that he was a journalist for "Horse and Hound", which makes for some inspired comedy.

I started with a collage of my favorite scenes / images from the movie, seeing if I could build a set using their colors. This is where I started.

View attachment 986263

While the colors work with the palette of the film, it really isn't a great chipset.

I dunno man it looks like a pretty good chipset to me haha

View attachment 986263

I think you and I may be the only two guys on PCF that love that movie. :love:

Blue door needs to be in there somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom