Why is baseball the best sport on the planet? Discuss. (2 Viewers)

1000018502.jpg

That is the greatness of Chuck Morgan, the PA guy for the Rangers

Oh I am sorry the World Champion Texas Rangers......got to admit that is so nice to type

Have to say, I am no fan of the new black out rules. Even though I pay hundreds of dollars for "all" the MLB regular season games, I find that MLB thinks both the rangers and astros are "local" games to be blacked out. Sure, its 200-300 miles to the respective ballparks but in Texas, that means local. Its a two day, $1,000 trip to see a game.

Same thing with national games. I'll get to see some useless game 2,000 miles away rather than either of the Texas teams.

Kind of sad really. Have to wonder where they think new fans come from?

Have to say, I am no fan of the new black out rules. Even though I pay hundreds of dollars for "all" the MLB regular season games, I find that MLB thinks both the rangers and astros are "local" games to be blacked out. Sure, its 200-300 miles to the respective ballparks but in Texas, that means local. Its a two day, $1,000 trip to see a game.

Same thing with national games. I'll get to see some useless game 2,000 miles away rather than either of the Texas teams.

Kind of sad really. Have to wonder where they think new fans come from?
Dunno bout Astros but the rangers streaming rights are a mess. You can stream out of market with MLB.com streaming pass. In market you can’t stream. You have to watch on cable. Bally wants the in market streaming rights but they are delinquent on payments and so rangers aren’t budging. But they’re exclusive so mlb can’t stream either. I thought Ballys were going to default last year but then they got current when the rangers were becoming contenders.

We don’t have cable so it was literally $150/month expense to see the damn team last year. I haven’t reupped yet. Not exactly fair weather but $150/month is a lot.

You’re in San Antonio area, right? And that’s considered in market?! That’s gross

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom