• Yes

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

JustinInMN

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So I saw the recent thread on "High Stakes Poker" coming back. I guess it's just going to be on PokerGo. I don't subscribe to Poker GO and I have always thought it was pretty expensive for such a specialized niche in programming. I mean it's almost as expensive as Netflix or Amazon Prime or more than Disney+? But to those of you that have it, do you watch it a lot? Is it worth it?

I have used it on and off. Used it during the WSOP last year among other times. Some great content there for sure if you like to watch poker. I agree it's kinda expensive if you don't really use it, which is why I canceled it. Will for sure get it for a couple of months to watch HSP when it's back on though!

I cancelled my subscription a while back as I wasn't watching it as much since WSOP was online this year, and their updated software somehow became worse than it already was. However, with HSP coming back, I may consider subscribing again.

I used it, but the functionality and search features are absolute shit. I kept it going for a few months to keep poker on at random times. Watched all of Robs Home Game which was a blast, probably as close to HSP as you can get currently. Watched Phil vs Antonio.

I had hope that the new version would add these features, but not only did it no resolve it, it actually made it worse. You used to be able to find your history in your profile overview (for some reason?) and now even that is gone.

Overall it's a massive pain in the ass to use, doesn't save your viewing history, search feature sucks. No show pages or groupings, and no next episode function. Subscribe to it if only if you know exactly what you're going to watch, and if you have to exit during a 2 hour episode, make sure to write down your stopping point physically so you can manually fast forward back to that point next time you go back to watch.

I subscribe — but only just.

If you want to binge watch great content you've never seen before (all of the WSOP Main Events, Poker After Dark, High Stakes Poker etc.) then it is worth its weight in gold.

The reason I say "but only just" is because the app and web interface functionality — or serious lack thereof — is truly shocking. I mean, I'm bald and I still find myself pulling my hair out when trying to navigate it.

If you can get past the latter, then the former makes it worth it.

I had hope that the new version would add these features, but not only did it no resolve it, it actually made it worse. You used to be able to find your history in your profile overview (for some reason?) and now even that is gone.
This is what pushed me over the edge and made me unsubscribe. Why would they remove good features? So annoying.

That is to say, the app is SO bad that I use a web browser (which is still a minefield) to watch the content — which is shocking in this day and age, quite frankly.

They got 2 annual subscriptions out of me, but I just cancelled recently when I found most of their content is on Youtube for free as well....I'm sure that won't be the case with HSP, but who knows, they run their stuff so haphazardly........... :tdown:
And +1000 on the interface, it blows....

It doesn't even look like they do monthly anymore. The least expensive plan is 40/quarter or 99/year. I mean that's half a rack of hybrids.

It doesn't even look like they do monthly anymore. The least expensive plan is 40/quarter or 99/year. I mean that's half a rack of hybrids.

There’s a lot of content on PokerGo, It might be worth it to binge watch a quarterly subscription. FYI their content is heavily weighted towards cash games although they are adding all of the older WSOP main event content eventually. Last I remember they had the main event from 2012-2019 available to watch.

Even Poker After Dark has come back as a cash game. Wanted to let you know because IIRC you’re more of a tourney player and might be looking for that?

Wanted to let you know because IIRC you’re more of a tourney player and might be looking for that?

Actually no, I am huge on team cash game. I will dabble in tournaments once in a while, so HSP coming back has piqued my interest a bit, but I don't know if it's really worth it.

Any updates on this. I’m considering making the purchase myself. Has anyone noticed any improvements?

I feel like the UI has gotten worse but it’s still the only place to find certain content. There’s a lot to watch but even pre Covid they weren’t exactly rushing out new episodes or show ideas.

Even now they space out the release of new episodes of PAD and HSP

Finally subscribed and I’ve been watching it everyday. The best way to utilize PokerGO imo is with the use of airplay. I use airplay, and it’s worked flawlessly. I’ve been watching everything.

I’ve been an on again off again subscriber. I don’t mind paying a premium specifically because it is a niche market - fewer people interested means we have to pay more; I get it. But their app is a giant giant turd and that is really annoying.
The content is fine, but get your shit together with the app, assheads!

Last edited:
I noticed the other day on my Roku that the Pluto channel added PokerGo. It's probably old content like the WPT channel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom