• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine White Native Lights frac??? (1 Viewer)

It's not a white chip, it's the same Arc Yellow chip as the rest of them. It looks white (ish) because scanners typically can't capture Arc Yellow properly.

You see this kind of thing all the time on eBay when people use scanned images instead of photographs. Hot Pink, Blaze Orange, etc. none of the fluorescent colors can be reproduced properly.

e.g. I just scanned my sample:

upload_2017-11-28_17-51-41.png

Right. And I can’t understand why people are scanning chips, because it isn’t 2003.

Well, there's nothing wrong with scanning chips, you just have to be aware of the color issues.

Wow, that's quite an effect. Thanks for the explanation and scan @Gear. It crossed my mind that it could just be a bad representation, but it was just .... so white!

One of these days I'm going to start a thread along the lines of "This is where we make fun of sh!tty eBay photos" ;)

Generally I'd rather have a clear scan with bad color than a dark & blurry photo. (Of course neither is ideal, but the scan is the lesser of two evils.) It's a lot easier to get a close-up picture in focus with a scanner than with a camera.

I'll take washed out scans over dog shit photography skills all day.
If that’s the choice, I agree with you. But you need to be a lazy moron to be posting dogshit photos on eBay. Even the crappiest of phone-cameras have been capable of producing decent pictures for years, with a modicum of effort. A modicum!

You must be new to eBay.
Ha. No. And not to Facebook either.
I have no idea what would ever possess somebody to upload a blurry picture to anywhere. It kind of drives me insane. Maybe because I remember when we had to mail our film away and a week or two later, we’d find out if any of the pictures were any good. The luxuries of technology we have now are staggering and still some fools are too lazy to make use of 2% of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom