Which Tattoo Designs are better? (1 Viewer)

Which of the two portfolios do you think represents a better catalogue for what I'm looking for?

• DH Tattoo

• Youngbloodtattoos

• LondonReese

Results are only viewable after voting.

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious on feedback. No need to make a big long post about it. There's a specific reason I'm asking about these two.

If you don't know tattoos (I don't), but like one more than the other, vote! If you do know tattoos, feel free to express some positive/negative in a comment. I'm only doing this because I got surprise feedback from someone I trust and might be changing my mind on direction.

This is for a large realism black/gray piece, water background. Would like as realistic as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/dhtattoo/
https://www.instagram.com/youngbloodtattoos/
https://www.theartoflondon.com/black-grey

Last edited:
Evan Hafer Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

I think if you’re going for realistic, Youngblood is the way to go, unless you’re looking for a realistic statue (or a horror tat since the lighting in those movies washes out a lot of the fine details), then I would go with DH. His shading isn’t as nuanced, and I feel like some of his work looks flatter than it should if it was true realism. That flatness helps him out in his statue work though, which looks phenomenal and practically 3 dimensional.

Youngbloods shading and lining look much stronger to me, and the way he blends his shadow is remarkably smooth. Every figure was easy to read, and I didn’t have trouble finding the key features in his examples.

I thought London was the weakest of the three, not doing anything quite as well as the other two, but also because some of his examples were VERY hard to read on quick glance, and looked flat in a lot of areas even after I could pick out the subject.

I know enough to be dangerous, wife and I have a bunch of ink.

In theory I think Youngblood shows a better ability for realism but I think DH’s composition of his large pieces is much much better than YB. Lots of other nuance but you asked not for essays. I voted DH and I think it’s by a wide margin.

LondonReese has a few pieces that look like precisely what you’re asking for but the vast majority does not at all and the realistic pieces look well executed but kind of boring to me. They’re large realistic things on large flat parts of the body, idk.

I think if you’re going for realistic, Youngblood is the way to go, unless you’re looking for a realistic statue (or a horror tat since the lighting in those movies washes out a lot of the fine details), then I would go with DH. His shading isn’t as nuanced, and I feel like some of his work looks flatter than it should if it was true realism. That flatness helps him out in his statue work though, which looks phenomenal and practically 3 dimensional.

Youngbloods shading and lining look much stronger to me, and the way he blends his shadow is remarkably smooth. Every figure was easy to read, and I didn’t have trouble finding the key features in his examples.

I thought London was the weakest of the three, not doing anything quite as well as the other two, but also because some of his examples were VERY hard to read on quick glance, and looked flat in a lot of areas even after I could pick out the subject.
I know enough to be dangerous, wife and I have a bunch of ink.

In theory I think Youngblood shows a better ability for realism but I think DH’s composition of his large pieces is much much better than YB. Lots of other nuance but you asked not for essays. I voted DH and I think it’s by a wide margin.

LondonReese has a few pieces that look like precisely what you’re asking for but the vast majority does not at all and the realistic pieces look well executed but kind of boring to me. They’re large realistic things on large flat parts of the body, idk.
I greatly appreciate the sentiments and time provided for feedback. I don't have any experience in this area, so I sent to 2 folks I know with a ton of experience, and they had different opinions. Without any social media, this was the next best place for feedback, interesting results so far.

I greatly appreciate the sentiments and time provided for feedback. I don't have any experience in this area, so I sent to 2 folks I know with a ton of experience, and they had different opinions. Without any social media, this was the next best place for feedback, interesting results so far.
Will be curious (if) when you reveal your own thoughts and those of friends and to compare with the PCF votes.

Starting with a large piece with a lot of black is baller. I dove straight into a full sleep for my first piece and have no regrets. Will be done next month getting my whole left arm done by the same artist. Tattoos are wonderful (and addictive!)

Will be curious (if) when you reveal your own thoughts and those of friends and to compare with the PCF votes.

Starting with a large piece with a lot of black is baller. I dove straight into a full sleep for my first piece and have no regrets. Will be done next month getting my whole left arm done by the same artist. Tattoos are wonderful (and addictive!)
I absolutely will. I’ll probably post end up day tomorrow, already have a sizeable chunk of votes here.

I will say they were very insightful, but very diff here so far. I’ll include their specific notes. It *truly* is interesting to see what people like, beauty really is subjective.

Compared to others I was looking at, I think I’d be okay with all 3 and already have deposit at 1.

It *truly* is interesting to see what people like, beauty really is subjective.
Yes so much. I have several friends who I am very close to that have almost the exact same background as me. Same neighborhood, same schools, same camps, same religious institutions, etc etc. Completely different tastes in the art we put on our bodies. Always find it so interesting

Why can’t I see who voted for who?

I feel like it used to be an option to see who voted what after submitting vote.

Curious who chose London Reese and why!

Had two people off forum look (have tattoos but not super “in” to it or knowledgeable). What they said went along with the general gist here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom