Which chips are best from apache? (1 Viewer)

Just dont be surprised with the smell. If you pull your chips out a few hours before your game the smell should dissipate.
Ya the smell is slight, will def let them aerate before use, it wasn’t too bad, nothing a few beers can’t fix before letting the cards fly lol

I finally caved in and ordered some Royals samples. I have to know if they’re that much better than the older China clays, because they seem to have an awful lot of fans.

I finally caved in and ordered some Royals samples. I have to know if they’re that much better than the older China clays, because they seem to have an awful lot of fans.
I like what I felt with the Royal samples, the 43m are a nice size, they have a good feel, let me know what you think…

Just dont be surprised with the smell. If you pull your chips out a few hours before your game the smell should dissipate.
A112DED8-D80A-43B9-8BF7-2FC7E24355F0.jpeg

I had a set of Royals and the smell was pretty bad to me. At first I thought I would get used to it....nope, just couldn't handle it anymore.

Once you start thinking about upgrading your Majestics, if you want to save yourself some money, do not...I repeat, do NOT order any samples from CPC. ;)

I had a set of Royals and the smell was pretty bad to me. At first I thought I would get used to it....nope, just couldn't handle it anymore.

Once you start thinking about upgrading your Majestics, if you want to save yourself some money, do not...I repeat, do NOT order any samples from CPC. ;)
Royals are my next set up!

Royals are sweet, I went with the majestics since the Royal 1s are out until mid June per Josh at Apache.

I like what I felt with the Royal samples, the 43m are a nice size, they have a good feel, let me know what you think…
They are the best feeling China clays I’ve felt, but I still don’t love them. They have a strange feel to me that I can only characterize as “dead.” They do remind me a bit of the Abiatti park place chips - those are premium plastics that have an almost rubbery feel. These lean in that direction. But I’ve never cared for plastics, so I’m biased.
They definitely smell. They seem to smell less than other China cats, but it’s tough to tell from a sample set.
So I don’t love them. If you had to get China clays, I’d say these are the ones. But you don’t have to get China clays. I also just received a sample of the Tina hybrid Greek 43mm chips and those blew me away. At or around the same price as the Royals, the hybrids are a no brainer for me.
And I have to say it, I can’t imagine why people are oiling these things - they look great to me. Maybe they’re dustier in sleeves straight from the factory?
IMG_0052.jpeg

They are the best feeling China clays I’ve felt, but I still don’t love them. They have a strange feel to me that I can only characterize as “dead.” They do remind me a bit of the Abiatti park place chips - those are premium plastics that have an almost rubbery feel. These lean in that direction. But I’ve never cared for plastics, so I’m biased.
They definitely smell. They seem to smell less than other China cats, but it’s tough to tell from a sample set.
So I don’t love them. If you had to get China clays, I’d say these are the ones. But you don’t have to get China clays. I also just received a sample of the Tina hybrid Greek 43mm chips and those blew me away. At or around the same price as the Royals, the hybrids are a no brainer for me.
And I have to say it, I can’t imagine why people are oiling these things - they look great to me. Maybe they’re dustier in sleeves straight from the factory?

They are pretty dusty when brand new, but oiling them just smears them with oil...there's no way that stuff is porous enough to soak in anything. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Give 'em a good wash and call it a day.

View attachment 1317781

Attachments

• IMG_9844.jpeg
    IMG_9844.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 17
Curious to see what chips are best between royal card room, majestic and Taj?
Have a home game for 9 players, stakes are 1/2 blinds, how many chips would I need for 1-5-20/25 - 100 (just in case)?
Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

If I were to buy a set from Apache it'd either be Majestics or Dunes. Those two designs have always caught my eye versus any of their other offerings; more so than the newer banks and royals.

Nice. I really like the Majestic look and colors; especially that of the 5 and 500.

I've contemplated getting enough for a T5 based tourney set (T5, as opposed to T25, for the sole reason to just have that chip in the set :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ). Sometimes I'm asked to bring chips to other venues as a guest set and these would fit that bill well.

I was going to get Royals, only thing is the 1s are out of stock until mid June, my guys loved the majestics and tiles for the cash game I just had in April!

I was going to get Royals, only thing is the 1s are out of stock until mid June, my guys loved the majestics and tiles for the cash game I just had in April!

You can always relabel a few of the royals as high denomination chips they match perfectly with the Majestics.

You can always relabel a few of the royals as high denomination chips they match perfectly with the Majestics.
I was thinking that with pink chips (100K), I like the black 100s, what’s a good custom denom in your opinion? I have a cash set with 1 - 5 - 25 - 100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom