Cash Game When to put $20s in play (POLL) (1 Viewer)

How many $5's are enough before breaking out the $20/$25s (Per Table)

Votes: 21 31.8%

Votes: 10 15.2%

Votes: 26 39.4%

Votes: 6 9.1%

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 800+

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Curious to when y'all put $20s into play?

10 player table - $1/$2 blinds - $200 buy in

How many $5s on the table is enough?

Edit - I guess this also applies to you heathens who use $25 chips in a cash game. :whistle: :whistling:

800 is sufficient IMO, although I'd also argue that chip/bet efficiency might also be a component of the discussion. If bets are frequently getting over $30-$40 then it might make it easier to have some higher denoms on the table.

When I play, I'd prefer to have at least $400 worth of $5's in front of me before I am coloring up to $25's...if I have my druthers I'd have even up to $800 before color up.

2 racks is probably enough for the whole table though before you start dipping into the $20/$25's for rebuys.

Every Friday!! :D We play .50 / $1, but @detroitdad can attest to the fact that is plays more like a $2/ $5 at times.

Buy ins are minimum $20 maximum $200.

We generally have 12 to 18 players, and most people bring $20s, so easy to use $20 chips. These are my faves.

20170430_151052.jpg

800 is sufficient IMO, although I'd also argue that chip/bet efficiency might also be a component of the discussion. If bets are frequently getting over $30-$40 then it might make it easier to have some higher denoms on the table.

800 for one table is excessive isn't it? I was thinking 400 - 500 myself!

Whenever I run out of 5s.

Thanks for the help :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: - how many is that??

Initial buy in or rebuy?
Initial buy in. I like to get them in play early and often. If somebody buys in for $100, I give them the following:

.50 x 6 = $3
$1 x 12 = $12
$5 x 1 = $5
This makes the first $20 of the $100. These stacks are ready to go, so I don't have to count them out. Then I give them:

$5 x 8 = $40
$20 x 2 = $40

Seems complicated, but it's pretty easy. You get small stuff in play for the blind, a lot of $5s in play for mid bets, and $20s in play for big bets.

Interestingly, having $20s in play stimulates action with donkeys trying to take your $20s from your. :)

Initial buy in. I like to get them in play early and often. If somebody buys in for $100, I give them the following:

.50 x 6 = $3
$1 x 12 = $12
$5 x 1 = $5
This makes the first $20 of the $100. These stacks are ready to go, so I don't have to count them out. Then I give them:

$5 x 8 = $40
$20 x 2 = $40

Seems complicated, but it's pretty easy. You get small stuff in play for the blind, a lot of $5s in play for mid bets, and $20s in play for big bets.

Interestingly, having $20s in play stimulates action with donkeys trying to take your $20s from your. :)
I drink at my game - no way I could do that correctly o_O

I find that anywhere from 300-400 is fine. After 300, I find myself not wanting to deal with more $5s on the table -- too many slows the game down.

800 for one table is excessive isn't it?
Not necessarily, but my perspective is probably skewed a bit because of some of the folks I deal for. When the execs decide to play at 1/2 they buy in for 200bb and it's usually 8 players at the table. That puts almost 500 $5 chips on the table at the onset. Some of the dudes just want $5's when they rebuy so the barrels keep coming. It's common to end the night with at least 600 $5's on the table, and sometimes all 800 see the felt (and in retrospect, this is where my response probably came from rather than practicality).

I know a number of other folks here have oodles of redbirds for their sets, and they just keep bringin' them out until they're gone so 800 fivers on a table isn't absurd. Maybe not super efficient, but not unheard of. I think a 1/2 set with 5 racks of $5 chips works perfectly fine, but some folks just want a sea of red (or blue) in front of them. *shrug*

I think a 1/2 set with 5 racks of $5 chips works perfectly fine, but some folks just want a sea of red (or blue) in front of them.
A sea of Blue fivers? Hmm...I wonder who. :whistle: :whistling:

But a small sea...no point in only dragging out 1,800 Bluebirds...gotta get some Chocolate Chips out on the felt too...and Raspberries....

300-400 $5's is about the sweet spot. Then I would want to get the $20's on the table because you don't buy them just to sit in the racks.

But nothing wrong with 800+ on the table because..... moar chips!

Every Friday!! :D We play .50 / $1, but @detroitdad can attest to the fact that is plays more like a $2/ $5 at times.

At times? How about the entire time? I loved it. I picked up a big hand 15 minutes in and new that if it held up I was getting paid..........and I did :)

Your players are maniacs, but a shit ton of fun to play with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom