What's with all the batch auctions lately? (2 Viewers)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rant of the day -- just my opinion:

All these batch auctions and sales of individual chips do absolutely nothing to help the chipping world. In fact, just the opposite: they harm the hobby. I'd bet they result in more chips not being reunited and incorporated into sets of related chips, which most people probably think is a goal of PCF.

It wasn't that long ago that we did things like circulate "grab boxes" of chips like these and other poker goods, from which members could take what they needed, add other items, and pass the box on. Sadly, that kind of spirit is totally missing from today's PCF.

It's a big loss...

What’s a batch auction? As in a barrel or this or a rack of that?

What’s a batch auction? As in a barrel or this or a rack of that?
Also confused on the term. This maybe? Instead of just listing the set as a whole?

1630611251675.png

Also confused on the term. This maybe? Instead of just listing the set as a whole?

View attachment 769142

I think this is directed more at auctions of random singles and used barrels where the auctions aren't going to really benefit one person and instead force someone to buy a bunch of chips they don't need in order to get a couple chips they need.

I for one stated right in any of my auctions what the purpose is. So many times I had to buy things that included other things so now it’s time for that shit to go. And at the pricing I start at usually below anything near what I paid. A simple answer isn’t that I or anyone is “pushing” things on people as if you don’t want them simply don’t buy them. Not a problem.

It's all about the Benjamins (and the Mckinleys and the Clevelands.)

I am surprised anytime I see a "For Sale" add these days. Everything is an auction. I don't blame anyone, because I got the collection I have today by finding, selling and buying, because I thought it was an expensive hobby 10 years ago. My wife and I do well, but I was picky when chips were $1 a chip, now I am pretty much done because if chip prices were measured by speed, I'd say we are at...

ludicrous speed.gif

I am surprised anytime I see a "For Sale" add these days. Everything is an auction. I don't blame anyone, because I got the collection I have today by finding, selling and buying, because I thought it was an expensive hobby 10 years ago. My wife and I do well, but I was picky when chips were $1 a chip, now I am pretty much done because if chip prices were measured by speed, I'd say we are at...

lol, too true. And there are a bunch of folks all like:

Often followed by.....

sorry, couldn't resist adding on, one of my favorite movies!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom