what's my collection worth? (1 Viewer)

Did I mention there were 29 offers . . .
I’ve been around the real estate biz in one way or another for longer than I care to say. I know that rates are still near historic lows. Certain segments of the market are hotter than others.

Yeah, the best properties are going for at or well above asking price. I don’t know this market area at all. But, Holy Cow! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of 29 offers on a property!

Sorry you missed out on this beauty, but there’s always more out there!

Crazy stuff. I've heard of houses going over asking around here, but not for over 50% asking. As @ImCrossland mentioned, it just wasn't meant to be. It just means a better fit is going to come along!

I can’t figure out the tides as the break wall is super far from the water. If there is that much fluctuations in water level explains why I see no boats pictured (kayaks don’t count).

The lot across the street from me went on the market this morning. The traffic of people to see the lot (n=1) is already bugging me. Tempted to see what my collection is worth too and make a play at buying the lot to protect our seclusion for the rest of time.

edit: problem is, they are asking nearly 2x what it's worth, and they'll probably get it (so I guess it's worth more than I wish it were)

Last edited:
Alki has sand
True. Forgot about that one. And in actuality there are a few other places I've found in the San Juans and on Whidbey, probably more than that out there.

We always avoided alki in the summer because we drove cars that were ticket magnets and a few of us got lit up one summer. Lol I was mad at alki for a few years for my "bumper height too low" and "no front license plate" and " modified exhaust" and "vlt too low" ticket day. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: i wasnt really mad, I get it,I know why they had to crack down on that road during the summer. if you do the crime you got to do the time and every car i own is full of equipment violations soI have to take my medicine when it happens.

Our average home price in our city is 800000. Canadian real estate has been ridiculous over the last 10 years

Tempted to see what my collection is worth too
4509E545-8446-4522-8E3E-99BA778B9E22.jpeg

It's now well over $1 mil for a detached house in Vancouver proper, probably close to $1.3 mil. On the West Side, don't even look unless you've got more than $3 mil.

Even in parts of London it looks like the market has gone back to prices last seen 5yrs ago. what you could not sell for months a year ago now sells in a week. Prime real estate gravitating back towards £2k/sq foot ($2.8k/sq ft) here and when things get that expensive, sometimes 0 bath is the only option :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what these people are talking about. I'm pretty sure ALL of these sets have fallen completely out of favor. You're going to have to drop down to about a dollar a chip to sell any of this junk... LOL!

GLWS, and I hope you don't have to sell too much of it. It's an amazing collection.

Are robots and androids buying houses now???
No. It's easier to pay to install a bathroom then find an actual house. A crack house (and when I say that, it was literally one.... Armed standoff, hostages, meth) next door to my old home sold for 410k.

It had shipping pallets as a fence covered in Christmas lights and dog crap.

Average house is lasting 1 day and getting 13-15 cash offers.

Last edited:
Housing link plz. And prefer no Rick rolling, but I’ll click regardless.
It was in one of the local news sites on a story about it. A year ago I never thought I'd want to leave this place. I adore it, even with it's faults. But if the price per Sq ft holds up, I'd have a hard time saying no to 600k.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom