What's my collection worth? (1 Viewer)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I'm new to this type of collecting -- what's a good way to assess the value of my collection? I'm posting pictures of the entire small collection here, since I just started. These are the Paulson Top Hat Classics (I think), I bought the entire set for cheap from a friend. There are about 2800 chips in the collection so far.

Attachments

• IMG_6638.JPG
    IMG_6638.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_6639.JPG
    IMG_6639.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 594
Lol at “small collection”

Classics still remain a popular chip for some here so I’ll leave the valuation to them.

It would help though to take the chips out of the birdcage and post clear, well lit photos of the edges to help asses their condition

@windwalker are you potentially looking to sell these? Or just want the value?

A dedicated hour or two of searching past classifieds will get you a good sense of the value. I suspect that searching would lead you to around the figure BG in GA quoted.

If you might be looking to sell, you have about 5 sets you could do auctions with. Some with a cash breakdown (with the $1’s & 5’s) some in a tourney breakdown (with the $500 & $1K’s). That method would almost assuredly net you the highest return.

Last edited:
Lol at “small collection”

Classics still remain a popular chip for some here so I’ll leave the valuation to them.

It would help though to take the chips out of the birdcage and post clear, well lit photos of the edges to help asses their condition
They look unused.

@windwalker are you potentially looking to sell these? Or just want the value?

A dedicated hour or two of searching past classifieds will get you a good sense of the value. I suspect that searching would lead you to around the figure BG in GA quoted.

If you might be looking to sell, you have about 5 sets you could do auctions with. Some with a cash breakdown (with the $1’s) some in a tourney breakdown (with the $500). That method would almost assuredly net you the highest return.
Not looking to sell, I literally just bought the whole set for $2500, was wondering if I got a good deal. Thank you for the information!!

$5600 to $7000 tops, if in mint condition and you find the right buyer.
Thanks, just wanted to get a sense of the value, since I just bough them, appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_6643.JPG
    IMG_6643.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • IMG_6646.JPG
    IMG_6646.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,285
  • IMG_6644.JPG
    IMG_6644.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited by a moderator:
They look unused.

I literally just bought the whole set for $2500, was wondering if I got a good deal.

img_6643-jpg.484641
img_6646-jpg.484642
img_6644-jpg.484643
Sorry, but those pictures are not unused chips whatsoever. They are used, dirty, with rounded edges and nicks. They've been played heavily.

Valuation is closer to $1/chip, or $3000 max. You pretty much got what you paid for.

LOL. Ya, they're used, it'll hurt their value, but no where near that much. They're still probably worth $2 ea. But no scenario whatsoever are they worth a penny less than $1.75 ea unless they're in worse shape than the used pics show, IMO.

I will buy some of those $1,000s if you are up to sell any. I’m looking for 20-50 of them.

I got about $3 per chip when I sold mine. But they were very minty.

The really great thing about that set is you just bought yourself a great door into the hobby. It's probably way too large unless you do multi-table stuff, so you can break it down into three or even more sets, keep one, sell the rest and you have the bankroll to buy a few more. A lot of people here have different chip sets for limit games, no-limit games, and tournaments.

LOL. Ya, they're used, it'll hurt their value, but no where near that much. They're still probably worth $2 ea. But no scenario whatsoever are they worth a penny less than $1.75 ea unless they're in worse shape than the used pics show, IMO.
I like @BGinGA value assessment better lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom