Whats in your golf bag? (1 Viewer)

I buy frequently on eBay, though it is not my favorite due to the risk of fakes. I agree with @ruskba’s take. I also avoid individual sellers (non-biz) that have multiples of a given club (beyond a set that is being sold by-club). It’s not a perfect science but I’ve been pretty lucky buying occasionally. I think you can buy for a relatively similar price from reputable businesses that offer more protection (some are on eBay too)

Here's my lefty bag:
Driver:. Ping G series
3wood: titleist 913
4hy: adams super ls
4-pw: ben hogan ptx
50,54 deg: callaway md4
60 deg: callaway pm grind
Putter: old school ping anser

I'm thinking about upgrading my irons this year. My local golf store has their annual trade-in event going on right now and I can more or less get a new set of irons for around half price with my trade-in. Anyone have any experience with TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons?

About 21 clubs for me lol. Half of them I never use. I pretty much use my Calloway Hickory Stick 56 wedge for every shot. If my handicap were an age, it would have no chance against covid.

I'm thinking about upgrading my irons this year. My local golf store has their annual trade-in event going on right now and I can more or less get a new set of irons for around half price with my trade-in. Anyone have any experience with TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons?
I don't. My woods are M1 and hybrids are M6. Love Taylormade clubs. Been thinking about upgrading the driver though.

I don't. My woods are M1 and hybrids are M6. Love Taylormade clubs. Been thinking about upgrading the driver though.
My woods, hybrid, irons (4-AW), and putter are all TaylorMade (my wedges are Ping). I love TaylorMade clubs too. My irons are M2 which I do like, but could use an upgrade I think with all the new technology that's come out lately.

Can never go wrong with these..... they are awesome irons...
B19837A8-0522-4F5D-AA6E-B2D2CCA8E2E6.jpeg

So, I took a few practice swings with the SIM2 Max irons in the store and decided to buy them. I figured what the hell, might as well, especially since I could get about $500 for my trade-in clubs. They felt pretty good in the limited shots I took, and the reviews I've read online sounded pretty good overall.

First day that was nice enough weather, I took them out and got a bunch of shots in with my launch monitor. I could not be more happy with them. Easily increased my distance ~10 yards per club. I was practically hitting my 6-iron as far as my previous 4-iron! I generally struggle with distance, and I'm still working on increasing my club head speed, so I think these will help a lot. I can foresee even more improvement once I get some more practice swings with them. They are also very forgiving - even my miss-hits were still getting decent distance. Anyone looking for forgiving improvement clubs that still hit far, I'd definitely recommend the Taylormade SIM2 Max. Can't wait to get these out on the course!

Went from a 45.5" driver shaft to 46.5". Gained about 10 yards and hardly notice it while swinging. My buddy went to 48", but I've tried it a few times and can't hit that damn thing straight. The extra inch will change your life ;)

So, I took a few practice swings with the SIM2 Max irons in the store and decided to buy them. I figured what the hell, might as well, especially since I could get about $500 for my trade-in clubs. They felt pretty good in the limited shots I took, and the reviews I've read online sounded pretty good overall.

First day that was nice enough weather, I took them out and got a bunch of shots in with my launch monitor. I could not be more happy with them. Easily increased my distance ~10 yards per club. I was practically hitting my 6-iron as far as my previous 4-iron! I generally struggle with distance, and I'm still working on increasing my club head speed, so I think these will help a lot. I can foresee even more improvement once I get some more practice swings with them. They are also very forgiving - even my miss-hits were still getting decent distance. Anyone looking for forgiving improvement clubs that still hit far, I'd definitely recommend the Taylormade SIM2 Max. Can't wait to get these out on the course!
Just an FYI. You cannot compare iron distances from club to club.

How much do lofts vary from manufacturer to manufacturer?​

A lot. Ping's S55 7-iron has a loft of 33 degrees. TaylorMade's RSi1 7-iron has 30.5 degrees. Callaway's Big Bertha 7-iron has just 30 degrees of loft, which is the same as a Ping S55 6-iron and one degree less than the 6-iron in some other sets.

It's not just differences from manufacturer to manufacturer, either. Even within manufacturers, the lofts from set to set vary considerably. The Nike VRS Covert 2.0 7-iron, for instance, has 31 degrees of loft, which is four degrees less than the 7-iron in Nike's V Forged Combo set.

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/news...-they-hit-youre-either-vain-an-idiot-or-both/

That being said, I love love love hitting new clubs! I hope you get acclimated to them soon and the weather cooperates to let you out on the course as much as possible!

A lot. Ping's S55 7-iron has a loft of 33 degrees. TaylorMade's RSi1 7-iron has 30.5 degrees. Callaway's Big Bertha 7-iron has just 30 degrees of loft, which is the same as a Ping S55 6-iron and one degree less than the 6-iron in some other sets.

It's not just differences from manufacturer to manufacturer, either. Even within manufacturers, the lofts from set to set vary considerably. The Nike VRS Covert 2.0 7-iron, for instance, has 31 degrees of loft, which is four degrees less than the 7-iron in Nike's V Forged Combo set.

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/news...-they-hit-youre-either-vain-an-idiot-or-both/

That being said, I love love love hitting new clubs! I hope you get acclimated to them soon and the weather cooperates to let you out on the course as much as possible!

Lol.. my pings are from the 80's... no wonder i pull out my 5 iron and everyone else is pulling out their 7's ;)

Yeah, I know the lofts make a big difference on distance for sure. Actually, between my previous M2 irons and the SIM2 Max, the lofts are all identical accept for the 8-iron (M2 is 33 degrees, SIM2 Max is 32.5 degrees).

I had a serious moment of consideration on whether to trade in my ultralite walking bag for a cart bag with a giant cooler. I want to at least fool myself that I will walk the course consistently this year. I always play better when I walk.

I had a serious moment of consideration on whether to trade in my ultralite walking bag for a cart bag with a giant cooler. I want to at least fool myself that I will walk the course consistently this year. I always play better when I walk.
I have a 6 pack sleeve that fits in a special pocket in the bag...made for it. So that I can still walk, I also bought a push cart. Love them both. Bagboy chiller cart bag and the Bagboy Quad cart. Bagboy makes a stand bag but the cooler only holds 4.

https://www.scottycameron.com/articles/introducing-new-special-select-jet-set-putters/

Thoughts on this Scotty Cameron $650 limited edition black putter, dropping August 19. I play a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style from 2007 and love it. Eventually will upgrade to another Scotty. Think this is worth it?

View attachment 964711
For me, no. But if you can swing the price tag, and you look at that and say "how could I miss with that", then do it. I've been using the same Ping PAL that I cut down to 33" and put a superstroke Fatso 2.0 grip on for about 10 years now. I don't think I will ever change it.

whats in your golf bag?
Drivers:
173 Innova Tern
170 Innova Mystere
168 Lone Star Tumbleweed
175 Westside Queen
165 Millennium Aries
169 Lone Star Mockingbird

Approach:
174 Millennium Aurora
177 ESP Discraft SS

Putter:
180 War Hammer

In the spirit of Masters week, I want to know whats in your golf bag? I'll start

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9* with a Matrix Ozik Black Tie Shaft
Woods: Cleveland Classic 13*
Hybrid: Cleveland 21*
Irons: Ping i Irons 4-U
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 588 56* & 60 (low bounce)*
Putter: Ping PAL cut down to 33" with a super stroke Fatso grip
Ball: Kirkland Signature Tour Performance

I couldn't be happier with my setup. It took me a while to get here, but I wouldn't change anything right now.
Looking back, I realized I have to update, as I'm currently rocking the PING G410 driver 5w and 3H. All stiff shafts, and driver is 44.5". Best driver I have ever hit, you can hit it anywhere on that clubface and it goes! Almost fully PING at this point, but I will likely always stick with my cleveland wedges, they just feel and look right to me.

I agree. The putter is the club that gets used every hole, so I have no issues with the price and investment. Worried about the black finish on the face wearing off over time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom