Tourney What tilts you? (5 Viewers)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
The only thing that really tilts me is having to sit next to someone who needs to talk non-stop about random shit that no one cares to follow.

Bubbling use to tilt me.

Jamming or calling an all-in with the same high card and losing to a weaker kicker pairing the board still tilts me, but to a lesser degree now than in the past.

Stupid small raises.

Particularly the big blind making a min raise with 6+ limpers. I'll raise pot on that shit with anything.
Agreed. Nothing shits me more than min raises.

I bet $12 pre flop utg+1 in a cash game and the CO 3 bet min raised with pocket aces after 3 callers. Really dude, just go home.

NLHE tournaments tilt me. I went through my lifetime quota of NLHE tournaments between 2006 and 2010.

I played my first ever Limit HORSE tourney at PnBBC this weekend, and it was the first time in a long time that I really had fun playing a tourney - in spite of busting 8th of 9.

(And we missed you :( - hope you're doing okay.)

The only thing that really tilts me is letting myself get tilted. I've worked very hard to remove a lot of different types of tilt from my game. I'm still far from perfect, but the challenge keeps it fresh, right?

I've largely learned to deal with luck-based disappointment like suckouts and coolers. Sometimes I can brush it off right away, other times I get up from the table and take a minute.

Problem areas I still deal with? Getting too loose when I'm way ahead (winning tilt) or way behind (chasing), and continuing to play when I'm too tired to bring my A game.

Stupid small raises.

Particularly the big blind making a min raise with 6+ limpers. I'll raise pot on that shit with anything.
I agree completely. Guy in BB did that last week and I immediately raised pot with pocket tens. (I got called by 33 and he made his set - that tilted me too)
Deliberate slow play tilts me. Especially in a tournament with fast levels, where I'm short. I was at a table with this guy last week, who seemed to take at least 30 seconds for every decision, preflop included - it's maddening. Levels were 20 minutes long and we were getting well under an orbit per level.

The only thing that really tilts me is letting myself get tilted. I've worked very hard to remove a lot of different types of tilt from my game. I'm still far from perfect, but the challenge keeps it fresh, right?

I've largely learned to deal with luck-based disappointment like suckouts and coolers. Sometimes I can brush it off right away, other times I get up from the table and take a minute.

Problem areas I still deal with? Getting too loose when I'm way ahead (winning tilt) or way behind (chasing), and continuing to play when I'm too tired to bring my A game.

How about calling when a player "f*** it" shoves ;)

When Don stacks his chips like this.

20180609_222332.jpg

People who call and say they'll be 5 minutes late then ask to be posted and folded only to show up 30 minutes late....with a damn coffee in their hand..:rolleyes:

I have a couple guys in my game that will table their cards in a showdown and literally wait for other people to tell them if they won or not. It tilts me because when they call my 3x-5x raise, I could be playing against absolutely anything.

Also a couple more will consistently splash the pot despite that being one of the top three rules I tell everyone at the beginning of the game. I feel like I'm talking to my kids some times. "What did I just tell you guys?"

Digging in the muck to show what you folded and rabbit hunting.

I now have strict rules against each in my game because I didn't realize how ridiculous my crop of players had gotten playing at my friends sloppily ran change game for so many years. They start coming to my game and it was immediate and done by several of them. Quit wasting time. I assure you no one cares what you folded and if you really wanted to see that last card, you should've fucking paid for it.

Seeing players telling another player how they should play their hand bugs me.

In my early days of poker, we had a player that use to hoard all the .25 chips. That irritated me, especially on the occasions where I would win all of his chips. It would take me an orbit in between hands to separate, re-stack and color them up. I use to call his rows of quarters "a wall of straw."

Players who tell you they folded the "winning" hand repeatedly in a session still tilts me. FYI Buddy: I am fairly certain you didn't have the winning hand, because the chips are not going in your direction. So STFU.

In my early days of poker, we had a player that use to hoard all the .25 chips. That irritated me, especially on the occasions where I would win all of his chips. It would take me an orbit in between hands to separate, re-stack and color them up. I use to call his rows of quarters "a wall of straw."

Too funny mojo, I have a guy that is the exact opposite in my game. He always gets rid of his .25 chips and then always has to ask for people to make change for him throughout the game. The bet was $4. No need to throw out 16 quarters!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom