What do you do in this situation as the third player? (1 Viewer)

Or in The Kingdom.
Maximum 4 wives there.
Anyway, hatred among competing wives guarantees the integrity of the game:)
Not really sure poker is allowed down there, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out about restrictions rendering it impossible, like amputation of an arm if you 're more than 2 buy-ins up, or 400 lashes if caught bluffing:)

I disagree, based on ICM. If they offered an equal chop, even though they both dominated Kahle 3:1, they were gifting him a huge +EV situation. Couple or not, if I'm at that big of a disadvantage and you offer me an equal share of the prize pool, I will gladly accept and bid you good day.

The initial conversation regarding a chop occurred shortly after Bicknell eliminated Nguyen. Foxen had 2.1M, Bicknell 2.0M and Burns had 1.3M. Blinds were 20K/40K with a 20K ante.

Burns declined.

I disagree, based on ICM. If they offered an equal chop, even though they both dominated Kahle 3:1, they were gifting him a huge +EV situation. Couple or not, if I'm at that big of a disadvantage and you offer me an equal share of the prize pool, I will gladly accept and bid you good day.

Lets stick to the facts. Neither Bicknell nor Foxen offered a split when they had Burns out-stacked 3 to 1.

Well, they did have him ~jointly~ outstacked 3:1 -- 4.1M to 1.3M -- when the chop was offered. :sneaky:

If somebody offers me 30 percent of the remaining prize pool and the chance to play it out for another 10 percent, and I have less than 25 percent of the chips in play, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

The Missus likes nothing so much as stacking me. I will admit to less fervour in stacking her, but that is simply because I know that, as play progresses longer into the night, she gets "bored" and plays less optimally. Thus, taking her chips is not so much of an accomplishment from my perspective. Not that I won't do it. We play a very small stakes cash game amongst friendly couples and a few singletons. The couples (with one exception) always seem less willing to give up a pot HU versus a spouse as opposed to another player, and it has led to one man needing a ride home when he stubbornly held onto his losing hand, only to hit the river and stack his wife, who then left, taking the car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom