Tourney What do busted players do? (2 Viewers)

Pinball for the first one busted, then OFCP for the first few until a new game starts up....

addams.JPG

First player out becomes a dedicated dealer.
Third player out also becomes one, with the former two sinking in the host's whisky and/or tsipouro reserves.
No cash game afterwards. If any cash game were meant to be played, why not start with that anyway?
In the end, the winner is truly happy and the rest are drunk.

Sadly, I had to Google tsipouro. I don't think we have that here locally.

I'm going to plan a trip to Greece - and you better have tsipouro!
Lots of it, coming from either Epirus, or Macedonia, or Thessaly or Crete ("tsikoudia" in the latter case), transparent or aged-gold.
Always out of the freezer. I once thought that just the fridge would be OK for winter, but no. Always out of the freezer. :) :)

Hey never done an at home tourney before, but interested in setting up a single table after COVID. What do most folks do after they’re busted out of the tourney? Wait for a cash game to start?
If I was to host a single table, I'd just play cash from the start. Hosting 2 or more tables, then the eliminated players play cash.

Pool table, dart board, and foosball table are available for post tourney entertainment until a cash game starts. My tourneys run 2-3 tables.

Hey never done an at home tourney before, but interested in setting up a single table after COVID. What do most folks do after they’re busted out of the tourney? Wait for a cash game to start?
They socialize while waiting for the dinner break and second tournament afterwards.

First player out becomes a dedicated dealer.
Third player out also becomes one, with the former two sinking in the host's whisky and/or tsipouro reserves.
No cash game afterwards. If any cash game were meant to be played, why not start with that anyway?
In the end, the winner is truly happy and the rest are drunk.
Thought it was ouzo

Thought it was ouzo
Ouzo is not distilled from grapes and, most importantly, has anise added into it, resulting in horrible hangovers. I personally hate that crap.
There can also be tsipouro (in Thessaly only, thankfully) with anise added, which is a plain stupid idea (destroying all the grape's aromas)

Edit: Happy to have had this as my 5,000th post:)

Ouzo is not distilled from grapes and, most importantly, has anise added into it, resulting in horrible hangovers. I personally hate that crap.
There can also be tsipouro (in Thessaly only, thankfully) with anise added, which is a plain stupid idea (destroying all the grape's aromas)

Edit: Happy to have had this as my 5,000th post:)

I don't know about everything else, but I do know anise can go F itself. Mosquitoes too. I see no point for either of those two things in my life. ;)

I don't know about everything else, but I do know anise can go F itself. Mosquitoes too. I see no point for either of those two things in my life. ;)
Anise is one of the key ingredients in Chinese 5-spice. Without it, you are walking past a delicious culinary door.

…but mosquitos are f*****g useless.

I have an odd thought.

Why do we do cash after tournament? Do cash before tournament. Then once the tournament starts the answer to the above is "go home."

I mean I suppose someone could run bad enough they would not play the tournament, but you could just play low stakes cash.

I have an odd thought.

Why do we do cash after tournament? Do cash before tournament. Then once the tournament starts the answer to the above is "go home."

I mean I suppose someone could run bad enough they would not play the tournament, but you could just play low stakes cash.

Tournament is first because the tournament has a start time that the other players plan for. Cash games allow for players to come and go, so half of them will be way late. Tournaments allow you to give players an "on time bonus" to their starting stack so players show up on time much more often.

I have an odd thought.

When we run both cash and tourney formats on the same day, that's exactly how we do it. People can arrive when they wish with no penalty, and are free to leave when their poker day is done.

I have an odd thought.

We have cash before the tournament, and after. The tournament is the obligatory event to get players here.

I have an odd thought.

Why run tournaments at all? Just get to the good stuff - cash games!!!!! :bigbucks:

I have another round table i somehow manage to fit in the front room that says 8 man but will fit 6 comfortably. Once the first busted player has someone to play with they move to that table and usually ends up being a micro cash game but i honestly leave the decision down to the first two at the table to work it out. I shit you not at one of my last games 3 players gave me £10 each and asked for £1 coins from the cash box. I later came into the room hearing shouting, screaming and banging.......the 3 of them were sat playing snap for £1 per hand :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. After this night we have now said first two out can decide the cash game and you can play literally whatever you want :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: maybee someone will find the swingball in my shed haha.

I have another round table i somehow manage to fit in the front room that says 8 man but will fit 6 comfortably. Once the first busted player has someone to play with they move to that table and usually ends up being a micro cash game but i honestly leave the decision down to the first two at the table to work it out. I shit you not at one of my last games 3 players gave me £10 each and asked for £1 coins from the cash box. I later came into the room hearing shouting, screaming and banging.......the 3 of them were sat playing snap for £1 per hand :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. After this night we have now said first two out can decide the cash game and you can play literally whatever you want :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: maybee someone will find the swingball in my shed haha.
Sounds like my kinda game :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom