What color is the damn dress?

• White and gold

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Blue and black

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other (explain in thread)

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
I'm not going to read any previous comments on this. I hate this picture and all conversations about it. The dress is blue and black. The exposure was correct when shot as seen in the correct photos of it. Someone altered the levels which screwed up the colors. In the original, the background isn't all blown out and white. I don't understand why anybody is making a big deal of this. It's not an optical illusion, it's a farked up photo.

I'm not going to read any previous comments on this. I hate this picture and all conversations about it. The dress is blue and black. The exposure was correct when shot as seen in the correct photos of it. Someone altered the levels which screwed up the colors. In the original, the background isn't all blown out and white. I don't understand why anybody is making a big deal of this. It's not an optical illusion, it's a farked up photo.

Also, the altered photo hits a weird spot in human vision. My assistant and I see the image completely differently looking at the same monitor at the same time. It has to do with composition of the rods and cones, and sensitivity to the blue spectrum. Some people can see it, some cant. It's biologically determined. And this in itself is an interesting phenomenon. Sorry this kind of science bothers you so much.

Every time I see photos of these chips, I think of this thread. Sigh!
Blue and gold.JPG

Lucky Derby $3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom