What are your house rules for checking out of turn? (2 Viewers)

SendThatStack

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
If someone checks out of turn it would be binding in my game. But what are their options if they check out of turn and then face a bet? They can fold or call the bet only? Or option to raise it as well?

Out-of-turn action is binding, unless a player sitting before that action changes it with a bet or raise. If facing a bet the player will have all options available (fold, call, or raise).
That’s how we play and that’s the only way I’ve ever seen it ruled anywhere.

I guess i can understand the question though - you could angle with a good hand by checking out of turn in hopes of inducing a bet which you could then raise.
I suppose if I saw somebody do that more than once, there would be a conversation.

That’s how we play and that’s the only way I’ve ever seen it ruled anywhere.

I guess i can understand the question though - you could angle with a good hand by checking out of turn in hopes of inducing a bet which you could then raise.
I suppose if I saw somebody do that more than once, there would be a conversation.
How about if they announce "raise" out of turn. If the first person bets is the person who acted out of turn required to raise? If so what amount?

How about if they announce "raise" out of turn. If the first person bets is the person who acted out of turn required to raise? If so what amount?
No. If out of turn guy says “raise,” then person whose turn it actually is decides to bet, that changes the action. So out of turn guy can do whatever he wants - call,, raise, or fold.
If out of turn guy says “raise,” then it checks to him, he has to at least minraise, but he could raise as much as he wants.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom