What are you listening to? (14 Viewers)

76E226CA-D329-434F-8A3D-108CF9833FCC.png

One of the rare instances where I could get my son interested in my music! Bonkers metal/new wave/electronic/wtf mixed by Devin Townsend.

I've been expanding my rotation of '80s and '90s hip hop. My playlist lately has consisted of a lot of Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang, Gza, De La Soul, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, and of course, A Tribe Called Quest. My tastes in music are very eclectic, however, and I am not necessarily limited to one genre. A few years ago, I was on a steady digest of Britpop jams and listened to a lot of Blur, Oasis, Pulp, Suede, et al. I am a musician and I draw inspiration from a lot of different styles, textures, and sounds.

Seems natural in a forum where we collect round discs that I also dabble in wax. Happy to pick this up. 2017 Reissue, sounds fantastic.

064393BD-F85C-44C9-A4DB-80437007A4D0.jpeg

I've been expanding my rotation of '80s and '90s hip hop. My playlist lately has consisted of a lot of Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang, Gza, De La Soul, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, and of course, A Tribe Called Quest. My tastes in music are very eclectic, however, and I am not necessarily limited to one genre. A few years ago, I was on a steady digest of Britpop jams and listened to a lot of Blur, Oasis, Pulp, Suede, et al. I am a musician and I draw inspiration from a lot of different styles, textures, and sounds.

Just picked up Pulp - Different Class. A masterpiece. Love the hip hop rotation you listed. I need to dive into more Tribe.

Little Aussie rock history, here is the man who was considered to replace Bon Scott but for his forays with heroin, one of the Easybeats (bit of that lately here in Aus.)Oh what it could've been. :(

With Cincinnati winning, how about a band from their neighbor Dayton to celebrate?

3CABF978-A0B2-4303-BADA-8AF509E72FD7.jpeg

Totally bone chilling moment in DC today listening to 100.3 the classic rock channel can't make this up... this song is playing while I am driving through the tidal basin

I look over at the Jefferson memorial and snapped this as two Helicopers are flying by. Literally at 30 mph and through the passenger window.

"Stop children what's that sound, everybody look what's going down!"
Screenshot_20220202-130711_Gallery.jpg

Over my left shoulder the Linclon Memorial where Forrest Gump gave his speach and saw Jenny in the reflecting pool.
Screenshot_20220202-205407_Gallery.jpg

Drove through there many times but pretty bone chilling. Definitely had a hard core Forrest Gump flashback moment! Haha
Screenshot_20220202-130729_Gallery.jpg

Anyone ever have a song that you have heard 1,000 times just hit you at the perfect time!

No lyrics just some funky beats

Could drive around all day listening to this

Liking most of their stuff

Decided to look for this, and was very pleased that I found it. Notice the date.

I was at this show. If you haven't realized yet what happened on 10/2/17, just before this recording a stagehand walked out between songs and handed Warren a piece of paper. It said that Tom had just died. You see Warren telling the other guys in the band, and then they play this beautiful tribute. I promise you, there was not a dry eye in the house. It's a moment, a song, and a night that I will never forget.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom