What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

Let's get a little exotic and historical again.

New words I 've received from my love of old:
"I found a man to marry;
make sure you find a wife too.
And if you ever loved me, sweetheart,
please come to be the best man in my wedding".

Bitter lyrics of unfulfilled love on a war rhythm / dance.
Love, of course, existed only in songs, in mountainous rebel societies.
Shepherds (men included) would have their marriages dictated and arranged by parents;
those going the extra mile to become full-time rebels would hardly hug anything more than a rifle in their lives.:(

@Saoliver That was great. I had not seen that one in a while. I was thinking Warren was in this one, but it Joe Satriani. Two completely different guitar styles, but still great. And I never get tired of listening to Grace Potter sing and play.

A couple of live covers that hit me hard. I think both are better than the originals!

I was so caught up in the first track, I didn't even notice the second one. Sara sings a nice song, but I gotta disagree with you. Sir Elton was the greatest!!! I'm probably older than you though, so I'll let it slide. EJ was my very first favorite music artist. I was a teen in the 70s and wore out every album he made on my cheap, piece of crap turntable. In case you haven't seen him perform this live, here's a reminder.

I see Warren Haynes in that first pic! One of my top 5 favorite guitarists.

Then you MUST watch it!

IMO, Mick Taylor ranks amongst the finest guitarists. His virtuosity elevated the Stones music. With the exception of a few singles, you can't beat the Taylor years if you are a Stones fan.

Absolutely love his sound!

Drinking some Old Forester 1897 and can’t get this first song out of my head.

So I gotta ask. What's the deal with this band's name? Cause that don't sound like no death metal to me...

This is my favorite death metal band. Actually, the only death metal band I regularly listen to.

And then the same band records this! Yes, the same lead singer!

Just stumbled onto this. I think this is the best reaction video I've ever watched. Dude reacting claims to have never heard of Stevie Ray, and to not even know what genre he plays. Watching his mind literally being blown right in front of our eyes is epic. Great Stuff!

@johnnycnote you'll like this one!

So I gotta ask. What's the deal with this band's name? Cause that don't sound like no death metal to me...
It’s a joke.

“When the friend played a song by the Polish band Vader and made a claim that the song was within the death metal genre, Homme then referred to Vader as "the Eagles of death metal". After hearing this phrase, Hughes wondered what a cross between the Eagles and a death metal band would sound like.”

And I LOVE SRV. One of my very favorites to listen to.

Just stumbled onto this. I think this is the best reaction video I've ever watched. Dude reacting claims to have never heard of Stevie Ray, and to not even know what genre he plays. Watching his mind literally being blown right in front of our eyes is epic. Great Stuff!

@johnnycnote you'll like this one!

Love SRV and his passion. Can't fake that. He inspires me and at the same time makes me give up and just trow my guitars away lol

Thanks for posting. Good stuff

Love SRV and his passion. Can't fake that. He inspires me and at the same time makes me give up and just trow my guitars away lol

Thanks for posting. Good stuff
That is so true! I want to learn to play SO BAD! But mostly it just sits in it's case in the closet. Maybe once a year I'll pull it out, get out my books or use some online lessons and try to learn a couple of chords. But it just takes so much time to make any progress. It's on a long list of things I'm going to tackle when I retire in about 4 years. Not that I will ever achieve SRV status, but I would love to just be able to make it through a couple of songs... Play rhythm chords and an occasional riff... Probably wishful thinking.

That is so true! I want to learn to play SO BAD! But mostly it just sits in it's case in the closet. Maybe once a year I'll pull it out, get out my books or use some online lessons and try to learn a couple of chords. But it just takes so much time to make any progress. It's on a long list of things I'm going to tackle when I retire in about 4 years. Not that I will ever achieve SRV status, but I would love to just be able to make it through a couple of songs... Play rhythm chords and an occasional riff... Probably wishful thinking.
haha I've been playing for 40 years and I still suck. Except for my cat, my cat sits there and stares like I'm a rock star lol

Just play, it's fun

ok, so I am drinking mimosas and THIS is stuck in my head. wtf man?

also just realized this song is about domestic violence. :(

ok, moving on, shit. For those of you who don't know, this John Lennon looking fellow is named Elvis Perkins. He is the son of Anthony Perkins, the actor from Psycho. Good shit!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom