What are you listening to? (7 Viewers)

Saw the Pixies open for Weezer a few years ago. They are getting older (both bands) but still a great show.
I've been a huge Pixies fan since college, finally got a chance to see them a few years ago at the House of Blues in Boston.

Worst audio I've ever heard at a show, I know all their music and had the hardest time trying to figure out what songs were played fromthe wall of distortion.

I so want to see them again in a better venue.

One of my favorites

Last edited:
I'm about ready to blow you're fucking mind lol (just kidding)... originally called The Violent Sequence during the Zabriskee Point sessions.

Love it.
Whats the song from? its so familiar.

Edit: holy shit you sent me down a rabbit hole.... US and Them

Last edited:
The was the original version of Us and Them, unreleased studio sessions from the making of the Zabriskie Point movie. That's why it's so familiar lol.

The was the original version of Us and Them, unreleased studio sessions from the making of the Zabriskie Point movie.

yeah, a quick google got me some info. I NEED MORE !

Spot Firefly.JPG

Is a playlist allowed?

Looks like you've put together a ton of stuff. I'll dip my toe in that later. Nice work.
Lol, it's my life's work, hobby wise. The first entry 01. is all the best live stuff. The live stuff is where it's at man. Depends how much of a fan you are, but once you delve into the live recordings the band takes on a whole new light. I can geek on this stuff for hours but I'm sure nobody else here really wants to read my drivel. When you're really ready I can direct you to a Floyd forum I've been on since '04. Just PM me if you want to discuss anything further and I can start you off with some tasters if you're new to the live stuff.

I'll leave you with this though, in case you haven't seen it before. 1970 in San Francisco that was broadcast on TV, unreal.

RIP Tony Rice. Dead on Christmas day (at 69 years old?). Tragic
Here's a video with another legend who called him "a real fine picker"

To put a fine point on it, any serious guitarists here will appreciate what's happening in this video (the rest of you will probably be bored)
A lot closer to jazz than bluegrass. Tony Rice truly shows a broad musical range on one of the most beautiful ballads ever written

Rando that pops up my youtube all the time...love it, I remember buying the EP cd at Circuit City back in th eday.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom