What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

1st album I ever had of which I received for my 12th birthday from mums cousin way back when was Doris Day’s Greatest HIts, come Monday I took it back to where she bought it and came home with a couple of Aussie legends.....nothing against Doris of course ;)

EFFFFFFFFFF --- I was looking for ONE more to make 5....couldn't figure out what it was!!! YES - 10 years gone is the answer, you are correct sir!

Sometimes ya gotta get the Led out!

EFFFFFFFFFF --- I was looking for ONE more to make 5....couldn't figure out what it was!!! YES - 10 years gone is the answer, you are correct sir!

Sometimes ya gotta get the Led out!
The Battle of Evermore is never a bad choice either lol. That's the best part about Led Zeppelin, every song is great :)

I play guitar :) It's been a blessing and a curse. It's hard to put into words. It's made me acutely aware of shitty music, maybe not shitty, just not my cup of tea. If the guitar isn't doing it for me I just can't engage.

Yes, I knew it. I play guitar and a lil bass. Should we do a PCF band? (we could call ourselves the poker chip freaks!) lol

here is my "current" shit

20190119_191251.jpg

DSC01215.JPG

Warwick 1.JPG

20180322_214303.jpg

Wow, always wanted a Mesa. That looks incredible man. I love the color of your guitar. My setup is not as great as that, just a simple rig. I just have a starburt American Strat and a couple vintage amps tube amps. Been playing since I was about 14 but never in a band, unfortunately. I always just played for myself. Jammed with some friends here and there but I haven't played much over the past few years. I have so many hobbies it's hard to make time for everything, and all my hobbies or pastimes take loads of my time.

The Starbursts has a nice ring to it :) lol

Is that wood curly maple? I have a pool cue with the same wood grain and it's made from curly maple.
DSC01215.JPG

Is that wood curly maple? I have a pool cue with the same wood grain and it's made from curly maple.View attachment 574436
I think it's typically called Flame Maple on guitars. First popularized on late 1950's Les Pauls.

This is a reissue, but the real ones are worth a CRAP-TON of cash!

eboaqwcly9s5eiznmuuw.jpg

Oh god, wow.
Yeah, they are stunning. Even thought I can't play worth a crap, I'm a bit of a guitar gear nerd. I got my oldest son into guitar 20+ years ago. (Alec - who builds the custom furniture) We would go to guitar stores and ogle all the equipment, then he would play. He tried out everything we could get our hands on. Old Fenders and Gibsons and Guilds, and Martin and Taylor acoustics. All the awesome old tube amps. Everything. It was a blast! There are (and were) some great stores in Houston and most were very accommodating at letting potential buyers plug in most everything that was for sale. I gained a lot of knowledge and appreciation for fine guitars.

Yeah, they are stunning. Even thought I can't play worth a crap, I'm a bit of a guitar gear nerd. I got my oldest son into guitar 20+ years ago. (Alec - who builds the custom furniture) We would go to guitar stores and ogle all the equipment, then he would play. He tried out everything we could get our hands on. Old Fenders and Gibsons and Guilds, and Martin and Taylor acoustics. All the awesome old tube amps. Everything. It was a blast! There are (and were) some great stores in Houston and most were very accommodating at letting potential buyers plug in most everything that was for sale. I gained a lot of knowledge and appreciation for fine guitars.
Yep, they're just like pool cues. They're not all made the same and fine craftsmanship shows in the way the play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom