What are you listening to? (6 Viewers)

RIP, we lost one of the greats :cry:
My favorite solo of his.
Image-1.jpg

This was my college band at IU; to say I've seen them 15 times live is on the low side. Only hung out with Corey and their old bassist Willie (also sharing a jazz class with the latter taught by David Baker), but their appreciation of music runs deep and they're all great. Best concert moment I remember from them was when we were on a huge live Led Zeppelin kick, who they never really covered at the time, and then out of nowhere they hit us with Page's solo into my favorite Zeppelin song...

This was my college band at IU; to say I've seen them 15 times live is on the low side. Only hung out with Corey and their old bassist Willie (also sharing a jazz class with the latter taught by David Baker), but their appreciation of music runs deep and they're all great. Best concert moment I remember from them was when we were on a huge live Led Zeppelin kick, who they never really covered at the time, and then out of nowhere they hit us with Page's solo into my favorite Zeppelin song...
First, this guitarist was on fucking point. Right at 5:40 he starts peaking and the walls started melting. You can definitely hear SIBLY influence on the solo, and to make it even more interesting it's over Have A Cigar, from my favorite band.

Secondly, SIBLY from the BBC sessions is a great one to check out if you haven't. The Complete BBC Sessions from 2016 is fantastic after they expanded it from the original release in 1997. Traveling Riverside Blues :ninja:
:sneaky:

Haunting! First heard this as the beautiful backdrop to a Sopranos tribute, I didn't want to link it because it's got spoilers for the greatest show ever made. If you've already seen the series and need a reminder why it defined what a television show could be, go search Wonderful Life Sopranos. Its a gutpunch, especially knowing how early Gandolfini left us.

No need to laugh, and cry, it's a wonderful wonderful life

Actually, stoked to get these tickets the other day. Yet, FUCK Ticket Master/Live Nation. $250 for 2 tickets....WTF?!!! Still stoked though, lol

Actually, stoked to get these tickets the other day. Yet, FUCK Ticket Master/Live Nation. $250 for 2 tickets....WTF?!!! Still stoked though, lol

My wife is the biggest Beck fan. She’s begging me to take her in Seattle in August. I’ve seen Beck like 6 times already. It’s a good show, but I really don’t want to go again. :wtf:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom