What are you listening to? (9 Viewers)

Listening to the Bruce Hornsby catalog on Spotify tonight.

Last night we went to our first live concert in a year and 8 months -- Hornsby at the Van Wezel in Sarasota, I bought the tickets when the show was originally scheduled in late 2019, for March 2020. It was canceled, rescheduled for November 2020, then rescheduled again for last night.

He played solo, for two hours non-stop, on one of his three Steinway 9-footers, with the most incredible low end. I had a friend with a seven-foot Baldwin in his living room; I used to think that was unbeatable until I heard this monster. We were in the eighth row center, about 30 feet away.

Lots of Deadheads there, too. The hall was over 3/4 full -- mandatory proof of vaxxing, masks on at all times except in the eating area.

God damn. I don’t care how busy they all are, they need to put everything else on hold and make another damn album! Clearly, they enjoy playing together.

one more and I'm out. Think I posted this one here, probably twice, lol. Watch those kids rock out, awesome stuff!

Stevie Wonder is such an amazing story. He never saw any barriers that he couldn’t overcome.

:cool

Seriously though. Signed at 11. Wrote Tears of a Clown at 16 for Smokey Robinson. So many hits. He’s amazing.

I Was Made to Love Her has to be my favorite of his. The bass lines of James Jamerson really drive the song. So good.

Just got tix to see the D in June!! Stoked, never seen them live. Always a story behind missing them in the past, but happy that I will finally see em!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom