Cash Game What are the freakin odds of quad 5's (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
...On TWO separate online tables at the same time?

I was playing online (multi-tabling two separate poker games on my ipad), and flop QUAD 5's on both, and the same freaking time... Ugh. Ya this was awesome, but I'm sure I played neither correctly as I was feverishly swiping back and forth between the two tables, lol..

On table I have 55, and the flop was 55x
The other I had 5x and the flop was 555

Well this wasn't a results or strat thread (I won both hands shockingly), but what are the odds of having quads on two tables at the same time, much less BOTH being quad 5's, lol..? Just crazy. Both games were NL

I'm not a math guy (probably part of the reason why I'm a shitty poker player), but those odds seem fairly long... lol

Makes me wonder (I've wondered this before) if online poker is rigged for action. I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum as well. I play small stakes online myself for fun sometimes, just for an hour at a time or something while I'm watching a game. Micro stakes like 0.05/0.10, sometimes I'll go up to 0.15/0.30, and it seems crazy the amount of times you see set over set, boat over flush, etc...

I take it your profit on the two hands combined was underwhelming...?

That is totally insane. I was dealt a steel wheel once live and that was probably the rarest hand I have ever had.

Makes me wonder (I've wondered this before) if online poker is rigged for action.

Live poker must be rigged too. 7-handed this Saturday night (money bubble) and the guy 2nd in chips raises with AQ, gets looked up by the drunk chip leader holding 63 off

Flop A83

Drunk checks, guy with AQ bets, drunk check-shoves, 2nd in chips insta-calls and is 82% to win with two cards to come. BAM! 6 on the fucking river to break the bubble and reward the drunk

I've seen this stuff happen from time to time while having multiple windows open. I agree. I'm highly suspicious that the RNGs are truly random. I'm not suggesting its rigged, more than likely not, but perhaps the assigned cards are dependent on a variable specific to your account, or to your local machine.

Ever noticed when you havent signed on in weeks, that suddenly youre on fire for first few tourneys?

I've seen this stuff happen from time to time while having multiple windows open. I agree. I'm highly suspicious that the RNGs are truly random. I'm not suggesting its rigged, more than likely not, but perhaps the assigned cards are dependent on a variable specific to your account, or to your local machine.

Ever noticed when you havent signed on in weeks, that suddenly youre on fire for first few tourneys?

I can understand that thought process, but I've seen so much weird shit live, sometimes in my favor, oftentimes against lol.

One tourney I got my money in bad three times (although I believe it was the right play based on the circumstances) and I wound up winning my all-ins:

AQ suited vs QQ (I river the flush)
88 vs TT (against the same guy I flushed on, I turn the set)
77 vs JJ (habitual button stealer on the money bubble, I'm in the SB, I flop my set)

Managed to cash in 15th place in that tourney, got my money in bad on three all-ins and came away smelling like roses. I do my best to try and remember the times I got lucky to help keep my paranoia at bay.

In an online tourney yesterday we're 4-handed (money bubble in a sng) and button limps, I'm in the SB with AK suited and shove, the BB reshoves, the button calls.

I'm up against the BB's AT suited...….and the KK of the button! Case King on the flop. Crazy shit happens in poker period, regardless of live vs online.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom