Cash Game What are some good cash games that can be played ? (1 Viewer)

BigSlick4523

Full House
Reaction score
I think I made a post about this before but I cannot find it so here it goes again

we play $1 / $1 blind Home Cash Game

what are some good games to play here are some of the games be play

Hold Em

Omaha / 5 Card Omaha we play no limit it can get wild

S.O.H.E - new to this game but love it

3's & 9's

Kings & Little One's

In-Between or Acey Deucey

what are some other games we could play looking to expand our games thanks

7CS, fixed limit and Crazy Pineapple are two games you may want to consider adding to your lineup.

Low-hole, follow the bitch is another.

In low-hole, FTB, Queens and your lowest hole card is wild. It plays just like 7CS. Everyone puts in an ante before being dealt two cards face down and one face-up. Unlike 7CS, we play NL.

Crazy Pineapple is a variant of NLHE, except players are dealt three cards. Everyone relinquishes one card after seeing the flop.

Any high-volatility games, like Omaha or (much) worse shoud be played at half or even a quarter of NLHE stakes, IMHO.
PL is a joke; totally inadequate as a brake, let alone it's used as an accelerator most of the time, out of people's laziness in calculating the pot.

For games comparable to NLHE, for just the sake of variety, and with no need to switch to different stakes or betting system (still NL) I 'd say
-Plain Pineapple (three hole cards dealt, one discarded immediately, so just NLHE with a more generous initial hand selection).
-Crazy Tight Pineapple (or Cuckoo Hold'em in Greece) which is: three hole cards, the third one discarded upon seeing the flop, and then the remaining two hole cards both become obligatory to use (no straight or flush without two of the cards in the hole, no full house possible if two pairs are on the board).

Kill Acey/Deucey with fire... lol. (depending on whether your rules are plain evil or not, like hit the post and pay double, no pot cap, etc)

Some fun games to sprinkle in:
  • 7/27
  • Badugi
  • 2 card Hi/Low
  • 7 Card Stud Hi/Low
  • Razz
  • Suicide Guts
There are a LOT of 7 card stud game variants you can play.

Super Holdem is fun!
I 'm afraid it is more volatile than Omaha.
It could be a bit more civilised if, at least, there is a minimum of two hole cards being used (instead of just one or zero, i.e. just the board), since three hole cards are also useable.

Another, slight restriction to Omaha volatility is the Pyramid.
4 hole cards, just the 2 of them useable, but the board is actually just 3 useable cards.
You pick one out of the 3 on the first floor.
You pick one out of the 2 on the second floor.
You pick the single one remaining at the top floor of the Pyramid (inevitably, obligatory to use).

Kill Acey/Deucey with fire... lol. (depending on whether your rules are plain evil or not, like hit the post and pay double, no pot cap, etc)

Some fun games to sprinkle in:
  • 7/27
  • Badugi
  • 2 card Hi/Low
  • 7 Card Stud Hi/Low
  • Razz
  • Suicide Guts
There are a LOT of 7 card stud game variants you can play.
Yeah we play pay double if u post and no cap the other weekend it got to $950 so we all chopped it lol

I think I made a post about this before but I cannot find it so here it goes again

we play $1 / $1 blind Home Cash Game

what are some good games to play here are some of the games be play

Hold Em

Omaha / 5 Card Omaha we play no limit it can get wild

S.O.H.E - new to this game but love it

3's & 9's

Kings & Little One's

In-Between or Acey Deucey

what are some other games we could play looking to expand our games thanks
Given what you're playing now it sounds like you might enjoy expanding with:
  • Some draw games; you're playing Hold'em, Omaha, and Stud so adding Draw would round that out nicely
  • Some additional "kitchen table" stud games to go along with 3s&9s and Kings&Littles but add more variety
  • Some variants of Hold'em and Omaha
  • A lowball game since you haven't listed any
  • A split-pot game since you haven't listed any
  • Another super-gambly game like Acey Deucey
My suggestions:
  • Draw games: Two-seven triple draw or Badugi (or both!). Note that Badugi hand ranking is unlike Poker and might be confusing at first.
  • Kitchen Table Stud games:
    • Killer Queen: When a queen is dealt up, the previous upcard for that player is dead, as are all others matching it up or down in anyone's hand.
    • Psycho: Draw and stud combined. Deal five, bet, draw, bet. Roll three up (everyone chooses three of their five cards to show face-up). This gives everyone a stud hand with two down and three up. Deal and bet sixth street and seventh street like regular stud.
  • Hold'em variant: Crazy Pineapple.
  • Omaha variant: 2 or 5 Omaha - Same as 5-card Omaha, but you can make a hand using either exactly two hole cards (as usual) or exactly all five hole cards.
  • Lowball games: the draw games I recommended above are lowball games. But also consider Razz.
  • Split-pot games: Omaha 8 seems like the obvious choice.
  • Gambly games:
    • 7-27
    • Guts
    • Or for something really different, Bouree (aka Boo-Ray)
Have fun with everyone's suggestions here, and come back later and let us know what your buddies think of the new games!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom