Watch my fiery demise… (1 Viewer)

That time chip thing was gross. They really shouldn't allow them to be tossed in like that.

The chips & cards are gross, too :)

You'll get 'em next time!
FYP
We've all been there. But I can never pass up quoting Will Kassouf, that was one of the funniest WSOP moments for me. Heart of a lion at least, perhaps try a lion hat next time for luck lol
The CocoNUTS
Ps. did you miss the watch moment ?
Garrett made like 6 or 8 sets there
Just caught lightening in a jar any big hand he played except the big 180k pot I missed seeing
True dat
He got mega-slowrolled on showdown by a miracle boat

FYP

The CocoNUTS
Ps. did you miss the watch moment ?

True dat
He got mega-slowrolled on showdown by a miracle boat
just seeing the hand now
Its not impossible hes got JJ or QQ there but just calling with that PF is unlikely for Garrett
I mean it happened on Rounders :p
But yah probably either same hand or a straight pretty quick call I think if hes got
JJ or QQ its VERY unlikely the way it went PF'
maybe Q7 suited since it was all called around the 1200 PF but I think its about a 5 second decision
He may have been trying to remember how it played out PF thats the only real thing you need to remember
to decide there

Last edited:
We've all been there. But I can never pass up quoting Will Kassouf, that was one of the funniest WSOP moments for me. Heart of a lion at least, perhaps try a lion hat next time for luck lol
You should try playing with the guy week in, week out, hearing the same old recycled lines...got dropped by his sponsors for stealing money off a "friend" before Covid hit. My bad, didn't mean to derail but Kassouf triggers me even when we aren't at the table! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You should try playing with the guy week in, week out, hearing the same old recycled lines...got dropped by his sponsors for stealing money off a "friend" before Covid hit. My bad, didn't mean to derail but Kassouf triggers me even when we aren't at the table! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, I'd probably end up being sick of him within the first 5 minutes. He sounds like a total douche.

But as far as classic WSOP moments that one has to be up there. I laughed

I don't think Krish would pay a dollar for the Hustler ones, let alone $5000 for that brown chip he was looking at. :)

@Windwalker , I'm just curious what your goal playing in a game with Garrett and Andy is? Obviously I think you are just trying to have fun, but given some of your comments on the play, you obviously care about trying to play well too.

Just wondering if trying to see how you "stack up" is part of the allure to playing against the likes of these guys?

@Windwalker , I'm just curious what your goal playing in a game with Garrett and Andy is? Obviously I think you are just trying to have fun, but given some of your comments on the play, you obviously care about trying to play well too.

Just wondering if trying to see how you "stack up" is part of the allure to playing against the likes of these guys?
No goal, really. My buddy Ryan produces the show, he invited me, and I had the afternoon open. I only knew that Garrett and Andy were playing the day before the show.

I thought it might be fun to see how it turned out. Wasn’t too worried about the money, as should have been evident from my general temperament. I don’t like losing, so the tilt was there, but mostly was just excited to play against a couple of pros and see what happened.

Oh shit, the Gman was there. Probably a tough table. Sorry about the run bad man :(.

I was only able to catch like ten minutes but it was fun watching well-produced live poker that I could actively root for someone in that wasn't one of the usual pros/stars. Let us know if there's a round two and best of luck if so.

No goal, really. My buddy Ryan produces the show, he invited me, and I had the afternoon open. I only knew that Garrett and Andy were playing the day before the show.

I thought it might be fun to see how it turned out. Wasn’t too worried about the money, as should have been evident from my general temperament. I don’t like losing, so the tilt was there, but mostly was just excited to play against a couple of pros and see what happened.
I can attest to the bolded comment. I've seen you equally unhappy about losing a few buy-ins in a 1/1 game a couple weeks ago. ;)

I can attest to the bolded comment. I've seen you equally unhappy about losing a few buy-ins in a 1/1 game a couple weeks ago. ;)
It's a great mentality to have. I try to play my best regardless of the stakes. Losing to bad luck is whatever to me, but losing because of my shitty decisions pisses me off and motivates me to play better.

… on Hustler Live tonight.

Went on tilt halfway through, got some shit cards, and then made a decent read in the end of a weak hand from a villain, but got outflopped and lost it all. Woooooo.

Last hand had me with 89s, and I called a raise to $8,000 preflop from villain because I sensed some weakness. Villain paired his 4, holding a Q4 suited, but also made a flush draw.

$150k down in a few hours. Played absolutely terribly once I got a couple of coolers, should have stepped away once I felt myself slipping. Please watch and laugh at my ridiculously bad session today. Embarrassing.

Took a couple of shots before being asked to put phone away.

View attachment 760028View attachment 760029
POV: When you tell Garrett Adelstein that he can have a look in your chip vault.
b59e3dd2-c258-489c-ab14-fbbb9e2d57bf-jpeg.jpg

Those chips would tilt me for sure. Can't each player in the game take like one single chip from their stacks to put together for a decent set? lol

Damn Garrett is a beast. I mean he does get hit with the deck, but he still made some great plays against the "weaker" players. He knows who he can push off a hand for sure.

So, I am at my regular mixed game last night and two of the guys started talking about some guy named Krish who tried to run a 60k bluff with 9 hi. I chime in and say - oh, I know him! He is a fellow chipper and has an incredible chip collection.

The response - jeez, does every conversation with you have to come back to poker chips?!?! For the last time, we don’t care about your poker chips!

My response - understood, i will shut up, but only after I tell you about these new chicken chips that hit the market……..Hahahahaha.

My buddy Ryan produces the show, he invited me, and I had the afternoon open.
I learned about this event listening to Ryan and Nick on the DGAF podcast. I was very impressed with both of them. I had no idea Nick was a businessman. I always wondered what his story was and hearing him on the podcast was quite different than watching him play on live at the bike.

I expect this venture will be very successful for them.

Next time you play you should ironically wear one of DGAF’s “aspiring whale” tshirts. That would crack up Garrret pretty good. Esp because he wore the Straddle shirts a couple times on LATB to support DGAF.

https://pokerrags.us/products/aspiring-whale-t-shirt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom