WARNEKE BOX GROUP BUY Interest :: Round 2, June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having flashbacks...

C3390F2F-DB4B-4878-8F02-DE3600C0B014.jpeg

Is the Warneke box thicker cardboard than the Paulson.
I have a few boxes and if I'm not mistaken, the thicker one has a larger tab in the corner.
Which one is which?
Is thicker better? Cue jokes........

Edit: I should've watched the clip before posting. I can see these have the larger locking tab.

Would still like to know if these are preferred over Paulson boxes.

Yes, the Warneke boxes are on heavier stock, and I prefer them to Paulson boxes for this reason. Also, it seems like Paulson went to an even lighter stock for the boxes that came with the PCF Promo and Apache Elite chips... which I think is a step in the wrong direction.

I met with Greg Warneke this morning and have some good news and bad news...

GOOD NEWS
- The 43mm insert should be fairly easy for them to make. He is working on a sample now and will get me a quote for 500 and 1,000, including setup charges and tax.

BAD NEWS
- The 43mm insert can NOT be swapped out as the insert on 39mm boxes. The reason being, the lid, bottom, and insert for the 39mm boxes are all on the same die.

Based on how the 43mm insert is working out, I will probably make it a separate offering entirely. At this point I may just buy a bunch on my own and sell them PCF-vendor-style. I'll follow up with a separate thread on that so I can get an idea of interest/demand.

So, let's please keep this thread focused on the 39mm boxes/inserts only.

I have enough, but to anyone who is on the fence, these boxes are fantastic! You won't be sorry if you order some.

Would still like to know if these are preferred over Paulson boxes.

As far as I'm concerned, these are much better in terms of both quality and fit.

Many high fives to @justsomedude for working with the folks at Warneke to produce these boxes.

Thanks @abby99 and @justsomedude .

Unfortunately I recently purchased 50 Paulson boxes which are still in a warehouse in L.A.

I might grab 50 off @uclaure if he has any extras.
I only really wanted 100, so I can definitely pass 50 on to you. However, these boxes might not get here before you plan on coming to LA to pick up your trove of chips.

I am still interested in about 40-60 boxes. If someone has extra and is wiling to ship to Canada please let me know.

If the GVRD guys want some I can arrange to get a bunch and reship local as well as within Canada.

@allforcharity @Lemonzest

Yes. In for 50 and would like to get them before June 5 if at all possible. If not possible....still in for 50.

- Thanks Tony !

PS. Do these Warenke boxes fit in a USPS SFRB?

Planning on selling inserts separately, or only as a three-piece set?

Prices are a bit steep for 500 inserts. If we can break 1,000, it gets a little more reasonable.

500x = $1,378 per thousand ... $1.38 each
1,000x = $734 per thousand ... $0.74 each

If there is no interest, I may just buy these and resell as a vendor, slightly marked up.

Last edited:
Prices are a bit steep for 500 inserts. If we can break 1,000, it gets a little more reasonable.

500x = $1,378 ... $2.76 each
1,000x = $734 ... $0.74 each

If there is no interest, I may just buy these and resell as a vendor, slightly marked up.

How much would it be for the 3-piece set? And let's assume we break the 1000 mark.

How much would it be for the 3-piece set? And let's assume we break the 1000 mark.

There's no option for the 3-piece set with the 43mm insert.

The original 39mm set is all on its own die: box, lid, and insert. There's now way to just swap out the insert without incurring the manufacturing/material costs for the set as a whole.

This new 43mm insert is on it's own separate die. So if you want 39mm boxes with the 43mm insert, you either need to already own the 39mm boxes, or we need to do a GB for the 3-piece 39mm box with the 43mm insert being a separate part of the order.

Confused yet?

I think the most cost effective way to do this, for the folks who want the entire three-piece box set, is to do a 39mm box GB with the 43mm insert added on. To make it cost effective, we'd need to break 5,000 units on the box order, and 1,000 units on the 43mm insert order.

500x = $1,378 per thousand ... $1.38 each
1,000x = $734 per thousand ... $0.74 each

Thanks for following up. 1k may be tough.

I probably only need 10, but can commit to 40-50 inserts.

Might be up for 400 of the 39mm option. Also willing to pick up 200-300 of the old version at the upcoming Denver meetup, if this next buy doesn’t materialize and someone can bring their extras! Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom