• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Vintage - 184 Broken-Circle-Triangle Inlaid Paranoid Chips (1 Viewer)

CrazyEddie

Full House
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Clay-Rare-Poker-Chips-w-Solid-Hardwood-Caddy-184-Chips/383780403948

These types of old Paranoid chips with die-cut inlaid symbols are fairly common on eBay, but somewhat uncommon to find in large sets. I find this particular design rather interesting. If you do as well, and are interested in starting a collection of antique poker chips in playable sets, this lot would probably be a good starting point.

You can learn more about these types of vintage chips by searching for "paranoid" on the forum. A few of us have posted about them on occasion.

1604332115499.png

Awesome! They look nice. That same design was used in The Sting. Hope you enjoy them. :)

1612303653582.png

Something interesting to note: both of those two designs are essentially the same - a triangle inscribed in a circle - but one of them is shaped like a stencil, where there's gaps in what would otherwise be a line.

The reason is that these kinds of chips use die-cut inlays. The shape is cut out of a piece of plastic, and then the plastic shape is laid on top of the blank chip when it's placed into the mold, so that during molding the shape is pressed into the chip surface. That means the shape has to be a single piece.

For the chips you found, the triangle-in-circle is a positive shape, a white shape laid on top of the colored chip. For the ones I posted earlier, the triangle-in-circle is a negative shape, a colored shape (the color of the chip) inside a white spot. So the shape is actually the white part, which means the white part has to be cut like a stencil so that it stays in one piece.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom