Vesper Clubs -- Old-School Large Crown Hotstamped Cash Set (2 Viewers)

I’m not a fan of TRK chips or hot stamps (I know I know sacrilegious) but if you held a gun to my head and made me play with a set it would be this one. Lovely job :tup:

Just saw the Craigslist post. Said it was up for24 days now. I followed the bread crumbs and of course led me to pcf. I saw that someone on here was making wheels and deals. Glad to see that it’s a win for the community. Love the chip Pr0n. Congrats!!

Just saw the Craigslist post. Said it was up for24 days now. I followed the bread crumbs and of course led me to pcf. I saw that someone on here was making wheels and deals. Glad to see that it’s a win for the community. Love the chip Pr0n. Congrats!!
Fyi the craigslist post was trolling the pcf community as the set wasnt actually for sale as it was a set of customs waiting to be revealed.

Hotstamp dies have rejoined the mothership! Thanks @AK Chip !

288818BF-DE16-4381-AF78-C77D83BCA1D2.jpeg

That Vesper Club stamp design is amazingly perfect. I mean, literally, perfect. Very possibly the greatest hot stamp design of all time, especially coupled with this specific mold.

Kudos to all involved in getting these made -- great vision, design, and execution. Perfect.
(Note: I was revisiting this thread and I realized that, despite my intention at the time, I didn't respond to this post. My apologies.)

@BGinGA, thank you. Means a lot coming from one of the forum's sages. :tup:

Playing at @Hornet’s Freeroll in O-Hi-Lo, we broke out the Vesper Clubs.

8E26610F-0E8C-4779-B3D1-A4D5C13C62FA.jpeg
70A7E081-02B8-4128-9501-B6C4C591D919.jpeg

First hand was a three- or four-way all in…Vesper Club-inspired action or is it the players? You be the judge. No wrong answer!

60890948-D3A5-446E-9657-8F8AD6ADC01C.jpeg

Third hand with the Vespers, @mike32 and I get it in on Gods Game. I flopped the effective nuts on both boards and he turned a one-outer for the Royal. Action chips I tell you! Not even upset I lost...it was a hell of a hand!

45D0694D-D566-49EC-9F29-96D94D0601FA.jpeg

Edited to try to fix colors—$1s are retro blue.

Last edited:
Playing at @Hornet’s Freeroll in O-Hi-Lo, we broke out the Vesper Clubs. Third hand with the Vespers, @mike32 and I get it in on Gods Game. I flopped the nuts on both boards and he turned a one-outer for the Royal. Action chips…not even upset I lost—hell of a hand!

View attachment 1022614

Edited to try to fix colors—$1s are retro blue.
you flopped the 2nd nuts on both boards.... :cool

I think I'm in the minority but I like large crown more than small crown. It's a very cool looking mold

I'm in the same club, it's the better looking of the 2. :cool.

Same here, they have a really cool feel to them as well.

For me as a base scrown>lcrown but a few like this done properly they can overcome most scrowns. Again nicely done !

Resurrecting an older thread of mine because I was discussing this very point just now with another chipper. I love scrowns, and have several sets. Other than my customs, I don't have a set of lcrowns, but that is mostly because there are vanishingly few (if any) playable sets of lcrowns. But as much as I love scrowns, I really do love lcrowns. Maybe not more, but definitely about the same, in a different way. They have very different vibes, but are still of the same family ("same same...but different!").

Funny thing is that I met Glenn O'Neill (his brother, Dennis, owned TRK) years and years ago, and unusually for someone who, still, is a very private person, he invited me over to his home, and we spent an afternoon talking all things TRK and the history of gaming and TRK's role in the business. His comment that (at first) surprised me was that both he and Dennis much preferred the large crown mold, for its beauty, vintage look, and most importantly, feel, but that they moved to the small crown mold because it was more commercially viable for inlays (i.e., much larger artwork--pretty much the same reason Paulson went to the inferior RHC mold from the THC mold). But he showed me some vintage chips that blew my mind and changed my opinion. FWIW, that afternoon, and those chips he showed me, were what originally planted the seed in my mind that if I ever got the chance to make a custom set on a TRK mold, it was going to be the large crown mold. Some of the chips he showed me were the inspiration for this set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom