Versa 300 chip case turned into 400 case with 4 x 25 racks? (1 Viewer)

JJJGabriel

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I was thinking about the best way to store/transport my new 400 chip tourney set, and noticed there aren’t many options out there for it. My intention is to keep it at a low budget, so I’d rather avoid the consensus Nanuk 910.

After some thought, I’m leaning towards getting a Versa 300 chip case ( https://www.discountpokershop.com/versa-games-300pc-abs-poker-chip-case-black-p-685.html ) and adapt it to 400 chips, as I don’t really care about cards and dice space.

Given the dimensions, I guess the central part of the case would fit a 4 x 25 rack to add those extra 100 chips. Another option would be to simply take out all of that internal mold and store four 4 x 25 racks in there. I don’t have the exact internal dimensions, but did some math and think it would fit. Has anyone tried that? Or would any of you have such case to try to measure the internal space?

But then I started searching 4 x 25 racks but couldn’t find them. Do you know good places where I could find those?

Would you guys suggest any different options for storing/transporting 400 chips?

Any input is appreciated!

I have never owned the 300 and the internal construction looks different than the 500 and 1000 chips cases. But I know the center partook with the card holders can be taken out and you can fit in two more row for a total of 600 chips (if you also remove the side edge buffet pieces).

This looks tight thoughts I would recommend you get a Versa 500 which is just a much better case. Then you have room for bounty and seating chips etc.

Get Nanuk 910 / Apache and you can put your 400 chip in nicely like the following

C7B32E47-8AA4-4E5F-8D1A-5AAE98405969.jpeg

I have never owned the 300 and the internal construction looks different than the 500 and 1000 chips cases. But I know the center partook with the card holders can be taken out and you can fit in two more row for a total of 600 chips (if you also remove the side edge buffet pieces).

This looks tight thoughts I would recommend you get a Versa 500 which is just a much better case. Then you have room for bounty and seating chips etc.
I doubt the center dividers can be taken out from the 300.
It's a different construction. I 'm afraid the whole thing is one-piece plastic.
The 500 is tested and can accomodate up to 640 chips (100 in 4x25 soft tubes in the center, instead of cards).

I doubt the center dividers can be taken out from the 300.
It's a different construction. I 'm afraid the whole thing is one-piece plastic.
The 500 is tested and can accomodate up to 640 chips (100 in 4x25 soft tubes in the center, instead of cards).

Fair enough.

But for what it’s worth, here is the Versa 500 with 715 chips. 13 rows of 55 chips. I finally got around to this project just last week.

6658CBE0-5053-486A-9838-23F120C3ADAD.jpeg
10A3D76F-FA3B-4BCA-AA42-56B70CAB0DDF.jpeg

I converted a Versa 1,000-chip case to fit regular racks a while back… Will try to find the thread. Might give some pointers for a smaller Versa case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom