Vegas House Mold (Mixed Relabel) Set (1 Viewer)

Such a cool set Mike. Nice work on it. Nothing beats an old school Vegas house mold imo.

I love the subtle spot progression and how each chips ties together with that nice pink.

The cache creek $20 and Saraha $1 are some very beautiful chips. I get why you had to have them.

Finally got this set near to completion, so I figured I'd share some pron.

I previously had a house mold set using the sdpms, but I didn't love the overlabels so I sold them to buy some other chips. I can't even remember what those chips were lol but the idea of a house mold set stuck with me and I knew I'd do another set one day.

In May 2019, with my Vegas trip about to commence, I figured I could harvest some chips for fracs, $1s and $25s and start another set.

I managed to get some luxors and Mandalay Bays. Traded some harvested NYNYs with @markleteenie for the sdpms and @wonderpuddle hooked me up with the Orleans $1s.
View attachment 598668View attachment 598667

I decided I didn't quite love that, and saw the new Sahara $1s and decided I had to have them. So thanks to @H|Q for those.

I needed a new $20/$25 and @CacheCreekCollector was kind enough to harvest me a rack of $1s.

@timinater did a great job on the artwork for me and @Gear once again did an awesome job on the labels and colour matching.

So now I have the final version (except for a rack of IOC hundos which is en route and will be murdered) and I think it might be my favourite set that I've ever owned.
View attachment 598661View attachment 598663
View attachment 598673
And also this alternate $25 version, which I'm also needing labels for.View attachment 598662View attachment 598664
Was milling required to re-label Cache Creek?

Got my alternative/replacement rack of hundos in the mail yesterday.

I don't really need another one, but I couldn't pass up for the price, and I'm just not sure about the dunes in the lineup, especially as it's not a relabel. I suspect most people would prefer the dunes though.

At the very least I'll be holding it back to go into my current project, which is a real inlay version of the same set, with Sundance $5s as the basis of the set.

Screenshot_20210101_082240.jpg

IMG_20201231_170940.jpg
IMG_20201231_171017.jpg

Another vote for IOC. The inlay size matches better and the color/spot progression seems to tie nicer too. A more humble, but still very much beautiful, chip. Nice work, Mike.

Dunes, for the history. Got some great history with the Stardust, Sahara, and Bourbon Streets.

The IOC $100’s are amazing. I had no idea from the other pictures that were posted. Keepers for sure.

Now just swap out those THC quarters with the Caesar’s $2’s (relabeled) that you have pictured in the OP and the world will be at peace! Five-chip house mold mixed please.

Awesome set. I’d love to play poker with it - win or lose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom