Vacation picture dump (1 Viewer)

Headed home from a week at the beach..as usual I suck at remembering to take pics! We own a timeshare in Surfside (south myrtle)
20200823_120034.jpg

New main building was nice!
The drive back to the condo is even better! There is a reason they call it the Palmetto state!
20200829_155412.jpg

The first room was definitely hot boxed the whole week prior by habitual cannabis enthusiasts! So had to pack everything up and move to another room!

This one had barking dogs and a long term tent next door with about 20 subshooked to his television starting at 05:30 am... decided to stick that one out!
20200823_165338.jpg

20200823_165407.jpg

Was cool having my pops and GF join us for a few days! Seafood Dinneron the marsh in Garden city!
20200824_162825.jpg

Ms. Brie serching the ole broken surfside pier for fishing rigs whilst waiting for Dinner
20200823_175619.jpg

After returning from or final day on the beach with the insane chocolate starfish hump island extravaganza... there was a bit of free time for the lazy river... sat down to apply some sun screen and couldn't believe my eyes so I had to snap one creeper pic! Lol
20200829_134529.jpg

Yes that is the kiddie pool and nipples out for harambe! Lmao

Well as they say there is no place like home andI can't wait to get home and see the dogs and kittys!! Unfortunately like always Virginia has better plans for us!! 0 mph
20200830_122451.jpg

Headed home from a week at the beach..as usual I suck at remembering to take pics! We own a timeshare in Surfside (south myrtle)
View attachment 523636
New main building was nice!
The drive back to the condo is even better! There is a reason they call it the Palmetto state!
View attachment 523637
The first room was definitely hot boxed the whole week prior by habitual cannabis enthusiasts! So had to pack everything up and move to another room!

This one had barking dogs and a long term tent next door with about 20 subshooked to his television starting at 05:30 am... decided to stick that one out!
View attachment 523644
View attachment 523647
Was cool having my pops and GF join us for a few days! Seafood Dinneron the marsh in Garden city!
View attachment 523649
Ms. Brie serching the ole broken surfside pier for fishing rigs whilst waiting for Dinner
View attachment 523651
After returning from or final day on the beach with the insane chocolate starfish hump island extravaganza... there was a bit of free time for the lazy river... sat down to apply some sun screen and couldn't believe my eyes so I had to snap one creeper pic! Lol
View attachment 523658
Yes that is the kiddie pool and nipples out for harambe! Lmao

Well as they say there is no place like home andI can't wait to get home and see the dogs and kittys!! Unfortunately like always Virginia has better plans for us!! 0 mph
View attachment 523663
95 SUCKS! Unfortunately I have to make my way through that hell later today.

Beautiful area. Do you play golf? I hear they have a few good courses there ;)
A few.. I think at last count it was 96 courses although with covid it seems a few more have bit the dust. I played for many years and got away from the game, but Brie has intrest so I may take it up again. I used to play a round every trip down there and it is fantastic other than insanely hot this time of year! The humidity will about knock you over as they typically have afternoon showers every day.

I have a terrible rotator cuff on my right arm which really limits sporting activities. I played SS and 2nd base for 15 years growing up... now I can barely throw a ball 90ft and accuracy has greatly diminished. Typically 45 - 60 minutes is all I can stand on a driving range. Still afraid of full replacement as I am a supervisor in construction but still work with my tools. I fear that level of surgery that I would be forced into short term disability and as of now it still works just far from 100%... I guess we will have to see!

Shoulder injuries suck. I have a SLAP tear in my right shoulder. I suspect it's from over use doing too much Crossfit. I am awaiting elective orthopedic surgery to sever and relocate my bicep. It was supposed to have happened right about now ish, but covid has really messed up schedules for elective surgery up here in Canada.

Shoulder injuries suck. I have a SLAP tear in my right shoulder. I suspect it's from over use doing too much Crossfit. I am awaiting elective orthopedic surgery to sever and relocate my bicep. It was supposed to have happened right about now ish, but covid has really messed up schedules for elective surgery up here in Canada.
I have to go down this path at some point, I've been putting it off... I dislocated my shoulder a few years ago and it tore everything, bicep tricep, all the goodies housing my joint and rotator cuff. It has self healed a bit to the point it doesn't free flop out of place any more, but its definitely still very damaged

Be interested to know how the surgery goes, I'm mortified to have people in there poking around

I'll let you know once the surgery happens. I want to get it done so that I can recover and then get back to mostly normal activity after a few months.

Right now, anything that involves raising my right arm above the neckline (like washing my hair, swatting a bug, etc), produces audible clicking noises and discomfort. I'm pretty much just left with cardio stuff as far as exercise goes now :(

I'll let you know once the surgery happens. I want to get it done so that I can recover and then get back to mostly normal activity after a few months.

Right now, anything that involves raising my right arm above the neckline (like washing my hair, swatting a bug, etc), produces audible clicking noises and discomfort. I'm pretty much just left with cardio stuff as far as exercise goes now :(
Bummer. That's a PITA. Any idea what the estimated recovery time might be? The popping and clicking comes with the territory, I almost don't hear it anymore. I would assume yours is more painful than what I have, I'm guessing most of the nerves in my arm are damaged. Its definitely a hindrance, and I hope you will be able to get it fixed soon!

From what I have been told: 6 weeks in a sling, then up to 6 months before you are back to whatever your max ability will become. I was told that would be upwards of 80-90% I think..

Ironically, that should bring me to about even. I had shoulder surgery in my teen years after a motorcycle accident. I had habitual subluxation after the accident. I've always had a bit less ability with my left shoulder as a result of the surgery. Now I should be even :)

Last edited:
Oh, so recurring dislocations has a medical term. Good to know, I suffered from that for about 6 months after my accident. The worst would be while I was asleep and it would wake me up.

6 weeks doesn't sound so bad, but 6 months would make me miserable lol that's why I fear it so much, I don't want to be off from work that long.

Even 80% mobility after surgery is probably more than what the arm is useable at now, which makes it worth it in the long run. I would imagine being even again will bring things back to feeling normal

Mike has to wear sleeveless shirts when he goes out of the house because he doesn't have a concealed carry license :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Looks like a good trip! Damn cute baby to boot.
I'm english and I'd melt in sleeves in Australian heat lol.

On a side note, those pics are very motivating for when I get home from holiday. I'm off work for 4 months on baby duty, so I'm going to be doing 6 gym sessions a week and get in the best shape of my life.

I'll be following along on the diet challenge threads to help keep me on track

I'm english and I'd melt in sleeves in Australian heat lol
Sleeves would still protect your pale white flesh from the scorching sun (my skin is at least Irish-white too, interestingly, so I 'm on the same boat).
At any rate, cultures developed under a scorching sun have learned to avoid it.
Sun-bathing northerner tourists in Greece were honestly viewed as insane extra-terrestrials in the '60s (everybody knew that you should stay in the shade in summer, to survive). :)
Rudyard Kipling: "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun".:D

I'm english and I'd melt in sleeves in Australian heat lol.

On a side note, those pics are very motivating for when I get home from holiday. I'm off work for 4 months on baby duty, so I'm going to be doing 6 gym sessions a week and get in the best shape of my life.

I'll be following along on the diet challenge threads to help keep me on track

Wow. When my wife pops in about a week I get 3 days paternity leave and I’ll use 2 days PTO to round out the week. Email will probably be checked and responded to during the week. I will probably not experience 4 months off unless I lose my job or retire, assuming I live that long.

Enjoy the time off and have fun with the wife and baby!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom