USPS Priority MFRB now @ 11 days and counting (1 Viewer)

Nanook

Full House
Reaction score
I have a package where the seller here on m2m sales provided me a receipt for a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box on 2/13. That is now 11 days and counting and the Tracking says "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." There has been no change since 2/17. Every day that goes by I feel more and more like I am not going to get the chips I paid and I am just out $350

Anyone else have packages that actually show up after this long or am I just SCREWED?

Exact same thing happened to me, the dreaded "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility" Best thing to do is file a complaint with USPS themselves. As soon as I did that, it "magically" ended up on my doorstep the next day. They'll get their shit together once you file a report for some reason lol.

For context mine said the same message for 14 days until I reported the delay and it eventually showed up.

This is almost laughable because I wouldn't even sweat something that's been in transit for less than 2 weeks. People have been waiting months for some packages, so this is still in the very early stages of delay imho. I had a package shipped on 11/30 and just received it the second week of February. I'd say you can safely hold off on worrying until at least the middle of March, unfortunately.

fill out a "where's my package" form online. I've had multiple packages sitting for up to two weeks somewhere and within days of filling out that form, they "magically" appear at my doorstep.
Exactly this. Has happened more than a couple times to me too.

This is almost laughable because I wouldn't even sweat something that's been in transit for less than 2 weeks. People have been waiting months for some packages, so this is still in the very early stages of delay imho. I had a package shipped on 11/30 and just received it the second week of February. I'd say you can safely hold off on worrying until at least the middle of March, unfortunately.
Yes, this

fill out a "where's my package" form online. I've had multiple packages sitting for up to two weeks somewhere and within days of filling out that form, they "magically" appear at my doorstep.
Yea, I filled that out two days ago so hopefully it helps me like it did you.

Exact same thing happened to me, the dreaded "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility" Best thing to do is file a complaint with USPS themselves. As soon as I did that, it "magically" ended up on my doorstep the next day. They'll get their shit together once you file a report for some reason lol.

For context mine said the same message for 14 days until I reported the delay and it eventually showed up.
At least I am in good company.... lol

I think the record is 3-4+ weeks so you’re still looking p good
makes me feel just a little better

easy for you to say, but thanks for the encouragement

Thanks Guys!

947D853D-024E-4EA0-BD3B-9DFE7533DB31.gif

I’ve got 2 sets that have been on their way since mid/late January. Last spring I had a package mailed in March turn up in June.

View attachment 642762

I’ve got 2 sets that have been on their way since mid/late January. Last spring I had a package mailed in March turn up in June.
Haha, yep. And @Nanook I don't mean to laugh, really just wanted to hammer home that these longer delays are very, very common at the moment (probably since November) and 11 days is almost not even on the spectrum of a delay. Opening a case seems to help in a bunch of situations but you're still in the early stages here and I would try not to worry too much about it, though I know it's difficult. I'd say my packages on average are taking somewhere close to 2 weeks to arrive so chances are it'll get there eventually.

Haha, yep. And @Nanook I don't mean to laugh, really just wanted to hammer home that these longer delays are very, very common at the moment (probably since November) and 11 days is almost not even on the spectrum of a delay. Opening a case seems to help in a bunch of situations but you're still in the early stages here and I would try not to worry too much about it, though I know it's difficult. I'd say my packages on average are taking somewhere close to 2 weeks to arrive so chances are it'll get there eventually.
Also not mocking you, well maybe having just a little laugh at your expense. No, but seriously, you’re probably fine. I’m sure they’ll turn up!

To put my mind at ease the USPS graced me with this reassuring e-mail this morning as a response to my request to look into the whereabouts of that package. Notice how at the top you can see that the subject of the e-mail is "Service Request #XXXXX Has Been Resolved.

lolololol
I guess actually delivering the package has nothing to do with resolving the issue. Some kind of customer service....

I have had USPS packages show as "in transit" for well over a 2 months (internal US transaction) and still show up at my doorstep. However I always fill out the "where's my package" forms after 2-3 weeks, this does seem to make them magically appear. It seems they have some large cupboards that packages get dropped behind periodically. Once you fill out the form they send a clerk to check behind those cupboards. Always works 67% of the time. :)

I had a SFRB take 12 days to go from Detroit to Chicago..... a 4 hour drive......

I've heard about a ton of delayed packages, but haven't really heard of any never showing up.

The last TCR frac sale had a package sent 1/31 from UT to KY. Got the dreaded message for about 4 or 5 days. Then showed up in NC about a week later and then got the message again. Finally delivered on 2/18. I never did fill out that form.

I have a non-chip related item currently in transit via USPS, which cost me about the same amount of money as you're talking about. The original delivery date was Monday, 2/22. On Saturday, 2/20, I got the notice you're talking about. It has not updated since. In fact, the only updates that tracking provided were the creation of the shipping label, and the package being accepted at the origin USPS facility. Nothing after that.

I'm not sweating it yet. Another couple days and I'll become more concerned, but even then, I'm confident I'll eventually receive it.

I actually found it odd at the time I purchased, but the vendor I used offered "no fault insurance" on my purchase, but it was $100. No way I was gonna shell that out. Joke will be on me, I guess, if this thing disappears into oblivion.

non-chip related:

I've had 4 boxes of H Upmans traveling back and forth from OZ to LAX since July 2020. Lots of love for the customs and longshoreman. Can they just let one box a quarter through for an americano?

I shipped something UPS Next Day Air AM Delivery last Monday. It didn’t show up until that Friday, and UPS wouldn’t refund because the snow storm was an act of God. I have multiple USPS packages all delayed for about two weeks now. It’s the norm right now. Probably sitting in a truck trailer in a yard somewhere waiting to get pulled.

Sean shipped mine out last Friday. Said they would be here on Monday. I can understand things going slow. What I can’t understand is how they don’t know where things are.
I opened up a case today. Hopefully it gets them searching and gets it here. Call me the squeaky well.

Sean shipped mine out last Friday. Said they would be here on Monday. I can understand things going slow. What I can’t understand is how they don’t know where things are.
I opened up a case today. Hopefully it gets them searching and gets it here. Call me the squeaky well.
Because the packages are often sitting in a semi trailer. They aren’t going to open the trailer up to scan a package or hunt for one that is missing. It won’t update until it reaches another facility, is unloaded, and scanned.

Because the packages are often sitting in a semi trailer. They aren’t going to open the trailer up to scan a package or hunt for one that is missing. It won’t update until it reaches another facility, is unloaded, and scanned.

I’m sure that is all accurate but it’s funny how I call and complain and open a case and they magically arrive and will be delivered today. However it happened I’m happy.

I hate USPS. I have multiple packages in limbo. One from Vegas is now 3 weeks with no update since it was dropped off. Others are about a week past original expectation dates. All used to have that stupid "weather delay" notice, now they just say "taking longer than expected" but nothing is updating. If the USPS wasnt a govt entity it would have gone out of business decades ago.

I’m sure that is all accurate but it’s funny how I call and complain and open a case and they magically arrive and will be delivered today. However it happened I’m happy.
They probably know WHICH trailer it in. They may just tell the yard to pull that whole trailer. Or it just may coincide with them already having moved it to the next location already just about the same time you got tired of waiting and filed a search request. Who knows? I’ve also noticed that packages seem to get delivered right after I open a search. But i think it might have more to do with the total amount of lapsed time vs any particular effort on their part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom