US/CAN CARDS MOLD Group Buy - Sample Set Interest (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TX_Golf_N_Poker Honestly I would be happy to, but I sent in my order a while ago with the quantities listed on the AI file itself and I only ordered enough extras for a couple people that I already earmarked. I am an idiot and always under order on these things. I had made two changes to the artwork already and had to keep resubmitting to Sean and didn't want to make him crazy with another file/order change.
See post 23 above. Sean has given permission to increase order size pre-production. But honestly - no pressure. You do whatever you are comfortable with.

All had issue with some of the art being readable but not downloadable on Tina's side, I emailed the people involved. AI is better fyi.

FWIW a lot of people are using Inkscape to create their artwork. The default save option is SVG, however you can also save your Inkscape file as EPS which is much better and much less likely to create issues when opening up in Illustrator. This is the source of a lot of the problems Sean has had to deal with.

Oh really @BarrieJ3 Free sample sets??? Make all the rest of us look bad for charging for ours? Way to go dude!
Just a headsup for samples. The sample set collectors are out there, but it's not as many as you think. It's even less for custom sample collectors. That being said, a lot of those folks won't be too highly focused on picking up samples from China Clay type customs, regardless of quality.

That being said, you're also going to run into folks that don't do samples. And I actually appreciate that, for them it waters down the personal and unique aspect to their customs, that 40 other people have samples. Even for me as a sample collector, it's actually really cool and special for me to know that hey, so and so made these meaningful customs, and I'm one of only three people with a sample set.

Honestly if I spend 2-4K creating a custom set, I would probably make sure to surprise the sample collectors and send out samples that I know won't get resold, but beyond that noone would ever find a sample of mine for sale.

We have a couple newer users involved in this GB, so just wanted to add some of these caveats so that when they go to pick up a custom sample elsewhere from someone, they're not surprised to hear no or that there aren't samples.

Sample set spreadsheet is posted up in Post #2. Hoping to get A LOT more art for sample sets. C'mon guys - offer up your sets!

@SeanGecko
@AnteAndy
@Eloe2000
@SiouxperStack
And whoever is getting the ACF chips! @BGinGA was that you?
@RowlettTexasChipGuy Get yer art done! I want a sample of your set!

And the rest of you too! Get on board! @BarrieJ3 wants one of ALL 30 SETS!!!
Sorry folks I can't spend time doing sample selling or trade. Unless someone else wants to do the logistics of the group buy..... do I hear crickets.
Be cool.
-Sean

Sorry folks I can't spend time doing sample selling or trade. Unless someone else wants to do the logistics of the group buy..... do I hear crickets.
Be cool.
-Sean
I can totally take over the logistics of the group buy for you. I can not promise as to when people will get their chips, and I only guarantee one of two things - they'll either get the right design or the right number of chips, but most likely not both. And fahgedabout breakdowns.

See post 23 above. Sean has given permission to increase order size pre-production. But honestly - no pressure. You do whatever you are comfortable with.

Sure, I don’t mind. It was just a matter of not giving Sean any more work than is needed to pull this thing off.

8 chips @ $10 shipped US or CA

EDIT: I screwed up and don’t order enough for sample sets. I am going to order quantity for sample sets in round #2.

A70D344A-5BA6-4060-B1B1-534A7110116A.png

Last edited:
I was hoping I might have final art now, but it won't be ready until sometime next week. This is pretty close. You'll see that the Texas icon is a little different on some of the chips. The one on the $500 and $5000 are the likely final version pending seeing sample print pics.

View attachment 503948

In addition to these 7 chips, I will have two plaques, 50K and 100K which will be included in the sample set, plus a Bounty chip on a 43mm flat ceramic chip. I should be able to get this set out for about $10 or so.

There is also going to be a Dealer button. I'm not tracking DB requests on this thread since @Himewad has another thread for samples of those. To avoid confusion or possible double ordering, please go to the DB sample thread to request a Dealer Button for any of these sets.

DB thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ompany-the-us-can-cards-mold-group-buy.59048/
So there has been a bit of a monkey wrench thrown into my plans. There was a misunderstanding regarding the price of plaques. Turns out they are $3 a piece rather than less than $1 a piece. And the MOQ is 50, not 25. That's more than I want to spend and more quantity than I need, so plaques are OUT of my set. I will be adding a 50K cards mold chip to the lineup and will scrap the basically unneeded 100K from my set. The new chip will be a progression from the T5000 chip and will feature dayglo peacock and dayglow green. It's a design I previously considered for my 20K chip before going with this white 20K.

Here are my sets. If anyone is interested In samples let me know.
I’ll surely want a few of yours. I ordered two separate $1’s bc I liked them both so much and couldn’t decide. So if you like one better than the other just let me know.

Attachments

• Fox Hollow Poker Room Cash PRINT_Lineup Blue 1.jpg
    Fox Hollow Poker Room Cash PRINT_Lineup Blue 1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Fox Hollow Poker Room Tournament PREVIEW_1.jpg
    Fox Hollow Poker Room Tournament PREVIEW_1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 152
i am going to have sample sets, I think around 20, I would like to trade for other sample sets first, or trade and add cash if necessary then sell anything left over

if you must have money instead of a trade for your sample set, please let me know, because I kind of want a sample set of everyone's

I also have dealer buttons to swap - I know different thread

v4-G-Town Poker Club-01.jpg
buttons to swap - i know different thread

I also have some dealer
v4-G-Town Poker Club-01.jpg

I wasn't planning on offering my chips up for samples, only because I thought absolutely no one would be interested in them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But I've had one person reach out privately about a sample set, so I figure why not open it up just in case.

I've only ordered an extra 5 of each chip, so assuming there are no breaks during shipping I have four more sample sets available. Just to be clear, if there is any breakage to the point where the quantities that I wanted for myself are affected I would not be able to give out samples.

• Kohler Cardroom ( Micro Cash Set. $1/$2 Cash Set. Tournament Set )
  • Four sample sets available for each set.
  • I'd sell for cost + $3 shipping

Micro Cash Set
View attachment 502592

$1/$2 Cash Set
View attachment 502589

Tournament Set
View attachment 502590

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "flushing your money down the toilet"

Hey guys, thanks for bringing this back to life. Do y'all still want me to try to keep track of all the trades in a spreadsheet, or is it easier for each person to just handle their own sets?

In my notes, I have saved a sample set of my Texas Flood for @davislane @BarrieJ3 @FDLmold (trade for New China Club) and @chutracheese

I also have a complimentary set for @SeanGecko @timinater and @chipsncoffee for doing this group buy and helping me with my design.

@RowlettTexasChipGuy I'd love to do a trade with you too. As you know I already have one of your DBs.

I may need to handle it myself TBH. I have 30 extra chips for each denomination, but I know of a bunch that I'm giving away. I don't want to over-promise anyone.

Been reading a lot about this GB and was wondering who might have a sample set so I can check these chips out. Anyone willing to hook me up?

1st batch just landed in Nebraska, wait a week or so and 1 of the lucky guys in group one might be able to lend you some of theirs for a minute or two

Are people still offering their sample sets? I have been busy hunting down other chips that I momentarily forgot about this. Now with everyone posting amazing pron of their sets which prompted me to revisit this thread. I'd like to get an idea of the weight, feel, sound, and how the shuffle and how they stack. Ideally, I like to get my hands on the cards mold and the diamond mold. I'm also open to a spare barrel they would consider selling.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Are people still offering their sample sets? I have been busy hunting down other chips that I momentarily forgot about this. Now with everyone posting amazing pron of their sets which prompted me to revisit this thread. I'd like to get an idea of the weight, feel, sound, and how the shuffle and how they stack. Ideally, I like to get my hands on the cards mold and the diamond mold. I'm also open to a spare barrel they would consider selling.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I believe I have you down on my list for a sample set of my Texas Flood chips. Although I just noticed you're in Aus and I don't know what the shipping situation to there is.

I’m new to the forum and obviously missed the whole group buy. I’m super interested in getting involved next time and would love to get a sample set to check them out if anyone winds up having an extra.

Stay tuned. I'm hoping to have my chips in hand tomorrow... PM me when you see the Pr0n and we'll work something out.
So unfortunately, the one box that hasn't arrived to Sean's place yet contains over half of my chips. I currently only have 4 denominations, so I won't be able to send out sample sets until the box shows up, or Tina re-makes them.

20201102_095512.jpg

red, white and blue chip is amazing
Thanks! I think it was a straight up steal from one of Bosco's chips. Funny too, white is one of my least favorite chip colors. But I think it works in this situation as all my other chips have such deep and vibrant colors. I'm happy with it.

Thanks! I think it was a straight up steal from one of Bosco's chips. Funny too, white is one of my least favorite chip colors. But I think it works in this situation as all my other chips have such deep and vibrant colors. I'm happy with it.
I think it's the Royal $500.

I love the 500, 1000, & 20k. Would love to see what the hundo would look like with changing the green to light blue

My fav is the black hundo. And I really like my 25. (still in transit) Then there's the orange T2000 and the yellow T1000. And my quarter pies (T5000 and T50K) are really cool! Yep, it's true - they are ALL my favs! :D

BTW, those 500s are pretty close to my school colors. NO - NOT LSU!

20201103_120033.jpg

I love the 500, 1000, & 20k. Would love to see what the hundo would look like with changing the green to light blue
Looks like you edited you comment after I first saw it. Changing that hundo ain't gonna happen. I love green and only have it on 3 chips. Besides, my T5000 is all pink and light blue, so wouldn't work to duplicate both those colors on the T100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom