Upgrading my 8P topper to a 10P table (1 Viewer)

Blind Joe

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just hoping to get some opinion on this table, including the colour variations, which I'm thinking of getting once they are back on stock.

It's difficult finding poker supplies in the UK and I don't have a huge budget (this is pretty much what I can afford) so I suppose my first question is does anyone know of any alternative suppliers that supply budget tables I can have a look at.

Second question would be, what's your opinion on the table itself as an upgrade from this? (I got mine a little bit cheaper elsewhere but it looks identical so I'm thinking the 10 seater will use the same foam and cloth, which isn't amazing but as a starter I can't knock it).

Third question is, if I do buy this, what color would you go for? I like classic green but I'm wondering if it would be more susceptible to stains. I think the black looks cool but is it too dull overall? I don't fancy getting blue again because it clashes a bit too much with my blue chips for my liking, although I might find the same with my black and orange hundreds if I went for black.

Please help me choose! :tdown:

First of all, 106.5x233mm oval (i.e. 42x84in) is good for 9 people (10 cramped) in the very same way that an 120m round is good for 6 or cramped 7 (not 8). The negative factor is that the table also has prescriptive cupholders, so it's harder to use it for 9 people, to have them spread out.

The upgrade, IMHO, has to do basically with doing away with the annoying seam in the middle (and with the generally welcome cupholders).
Mind you though; those folding legs could interfere with players' legs (especially 10 players), unlike the ones of your current table (where the topper is placed).

The "wood effect" racetrack will produce an excruciating sound if people shuffle chips on it.

Materials and craftsmanship quality, as you can guess from your current topper, may not withstand intensive use or (too much) time. My motto is that I 'm not rich enough to buy cheap. I wish I could point you at something, but I think you 'll have to search for spirited carpenters locally, probably through friends.

Finally, felt color-wise, both green (if dark enough) or black are ideal (the idea being to not reflect too much strong light from above), unless you have dark green or black chips without much edge-spot signaling.

First of all, 106.5x233mm oval (i.e. 42x84in) is good for 9 people (10 cramped) in the very same way that an 120m round is good for 6 or cramped 7 (not 8). The negative factor is that the table also has prescriptive cupholders, so it's harder to use it for 9 people, to have them spread out.
Not sure if this is an option for me, but if anyone knows a supplier I'd look into it. The 10P I'm looking at is 212cm which is pretty long. I don't even know how much it will get used but I've recently had a few people interested in joining the group so even though now we rarely fill the 8P I'm looking to be able to accommodate a couple more players.

The upgrade, IMHO, has to do basically with doing away with the annoying seam in the middle (and with the generally welcome cupholders).
Absolutely. Plus folding it away is a PITA.

Mind you though; those folding legs could interfere with players' legs (especially 10 players), unlike the ones of your current table (where the topper is placed).
The topper is still placed on a table with 4 solid legs though, so any time we are 5 handed or more, someone has to sit at one of those annoying legs.

The "wood effect" racetrack will produce an excruciating sound if people shuffle chips on it.
My current topper has the wood effect racetrack and I've never noticed anything about it that bothers me. I like the way it keeps chips and hands on their own space. With the 10P upgrade the alternative is to have no racetrack and a betting line abs I've seen how quickly that can be rubbed away start to look very worn.
Materials and craftsmanship quality, as you can guess from your current topper, may not withstand intensive use or (too much) time. My motto is that I 'm not rich enough to buy cheap. I wish I could point you at something, but I think you 'll have to search for spirited carpenters locally, probably through friends.

Finally, felt color-wise, both green (if dark enough) or black are ideal (the idea being to not reflect too much strong light from above), unless you have dark green or black chips without much edge-spot signaling.
The green seems quite light from the photos, so it may reflect a bit too much. I like the black and think it looks stylish but I do have some black and orange chips, though the decal is white and fairly big so maybe I could put up with that.

Not sure a custom made table is going to happen at my budget. As I say this is a budget ready made upgrade that I'll probably use for a few years and then who knows?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom