Underground game busts? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I live in an area supported by horse racing yet frowns on cards. Go figure.

We had a decent underground card circuit a few years back. Unfortunately the guy who ran the one I played in decided he was a bookie as well.

Playing a tournament one night, probably 5 tables. We are about 4th blind level. Probably 40 players left.

When the door flies open and about 20 cops in full riot gear, shields and all, burst in and yell “WE HAVE A WARRANT PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE TABLE AND DON’T MOVE!”

I didn’t realize my sphincter could get so tight.

They check ID of every single player to see if anyone had any outstanding warrants. Not one single player did.

Eventually the finish they search. Arrest all the people involved in running the game and send the rest of us home.

Made for an eventful evening and great story and cost me $200 entry fee since all money was confiscated.

Anyone else ever been playing during a busy?

What so no-one pulled out their concealed carry and saved the day :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That sounds pretty scary, I'd be bricking it if 20 cops swarmed in like that lol.

I wasn't there but I know some guys that were in a game that got raided by some local yobs carrying machetes. $30k taken

What so no-one pulled out their concealed carry and saved the day :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That sounds pretty scary, I'd be bricking it if 20 cops swarmed in like that lol.

I wasn't there but I know some guys that were in a game that got raided by some local yobs carrying machetes. $30k taken

concealed carry is for defence against local yobs with machetes, not cops!

Yeah. Me either.
Crazy thing was that it was my very first time at that club. When the detective was questioning me in the back, asking me to point out pics of the folks running the club, I was totally truthful when I said “I have no idea, it’s my first time here.”

When he told me he didn’t believe me, I said “you’ve had this place under surveillance for some time. I will bet you any amount that you won’t find me on any of your tapes.”

Crazy thing was that it was my very first time at that club. When the detective was questioning me in the back, asking me to point out pics of the folks running the club, I was totally truthful when I said “I have no idea, it’s my first time here.”

When he told me he didn’t believe me, I said “you’ve had this place under surveillance for some time. I will bet you any amount that you won’t find me on any of your tapes.”

We had been to a Reds game earlier that day and got back into town and decided to go play. Worst part was my buddy had brought one of the senior partners at his firm with him that day. Senior partner thought is was funny in the end. My buddy was worried about how he’d react.

You are detained for illegal gambling and you use the words "I will bet you any amount" at the arresting officer?

You are detained for illegal gambling and you use the words "I will bet you any amount" at the arresting officer?
But of course. Lawyered.

I was one of 6 lawyers in the room playing. LOL. We all decided it was a good time to invoke our 5th amendment right to shut the hell up.

Almost the exact same scenario as OP. they let the vast majority of people that were just players go, but they took everybodys info and wrote tickets for anybody with weed on them. And they wrote a lot of tickets for that. Lol It turned into an annoyance but started out as terror, I swear I remeber I few of them dudes with their fingers on the trigger when they first came in. Came in like Delta Force to bust an after hours bar pot head game. I get that they should get to go home too and they can’t take chances.....but I also wonder if THAT many semi automatic long guns pointed at us was necessary. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So ridiculous.

Almost the exact same scenario as OP. they let the vast majority of people that were just players go, but they took everybodys info and wrote tickets for anybody with weed on them. And they wrote a lot of tickets for that. Lol It turned into an annoyance but started out as terror, I swear I remeber I few of them dudes with their fingers on the trigger when they first came in. Came in like Delta Force to bust an after hours bar pot head game. I get that they should get to go home too and they can’t take chances.....but I also wonder if THAT many semi automatic long guns pointed at us was necessary. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So ridiculous.

Exactly. Seemed like I overkill. I get they put their safety first and I would too.

But they had scoped this game out for a while and had an informant giving them all the info. They knew they could have sent Barney Fife in and we would have all cooperated.

I was one of 6 lawyers in the room playing. LOL. We all decided it was a good time to invoke our 5th amendment right to shut the hell up.
That would've been the more prudent thing to do, and as a member of the bar, I know better. But I that was the extent of my statement. And in NYC, it is legal to play in a game, just not to run it if there is a rake.

That would've been the more prudent thing to do, and as a member of the bar, I know better. But I that was the extent of my statement. And in NYC, it is legal to play in a game, just not to run it if there is a rake.
KY has the same law. It isn’t illegal to play in any game. It’s the rake that makes it illegal For the person running it. .

This guy had ran a game for several years. Nobody cared. As soon as he started making book then LE cared. Just like so many other crimes involving money, it’s when they get greedy that they get caught.

KY has the same law. It isn’t illegal to play in any game. It’s the rake that makes it illegal For the person running it. .

This guy had ran a game for several years. Nobody cared. As soon as he started making book then LE cared. Just like so many other crimes involving money, it’s when they get greedy that they get caught.

“Don’t break the law while you’re breaking the law.” The only commandment Biggie missed in the 10 he laid out for us. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom