Ultrasonic Cleaner - Need help deciding what to buy. (1 Viewer)

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi PCF,

After purchasing way too many used chips in the recent TCR sale, I'm in the market for an Ultrasonic Cleaner. Any tips that you can provide will greatly be appreciated. I have read the relevant Ultrasonic cleaning tutorials but I thought I create a thread to see what size, features I should be looking for in an Ultrasonic Cleaner.

So far I have been looking on eBay and have come across this which looks reasonable.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/123772712058?ul_noapp=true

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ultraso...128339?hash=item1a93852d53:g:Rq8AAOSwk9FeZeUr

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi,
Those are what you need, but get the 6L version. They usually can be found in the same price range as these. For whatever reason when I bought mine, they raised the prices and made the 6L ones harder to find. I just waited a month or two and then they reappeared on eBay for same price as the smaller ones. (I paid 175 Canadian or about 185 Aus.)

As per the ultrasonic threads, buy a salad spinner and tie wraps. Make sure to check dimensions as the 1st salad spinner I bought was too big to fit in the ultrasonic. It makes the job much easier and probably faster.

Just be careful if your chips have hotstamps. I used real TSP and it removed some of the foil. Get the phosphate-free TSP.
On my labeled chips, it worked great they came out looking new.

Good luck. :tup:

Most people don't need an ultrasonic cleaner unless they have a steady incoming stream of hundred and hundreds (or thousands) of dirty chips. If you've got 1 or 2 sets, you can get away with dish soap, a scrub brush, and some time.
I hear what you are saying but im lazy efficient when it comes to cleaning so id like to outsource the task to a piece of equipment if i can. plus I only have one set atm which will get dirty quicker, so the thought of being able to put them through the ultrasonic cleaner means they will probably get cleaned more often.

Hi,
Those are what you need but get the 6L version. They usually can be found in the same price range as these. For whatever reason when I bought mine, they raised the prices and made the 6L ones harder to find. I just waited a month or two and then they reappeared on eBay for same price as the smaller ones. (I paid 175 Canadian or about 185 Aus.)

As per the ultrasonic threads, buy a salad spinner and tie wraps. Make sure to check dimensions as the 1st salad spinner I bought was too big to fit in the ultrasonic. It makes the job much easier and probably faster.

Just be careful if your chips have hotstamps. I used real TSP and it removed some of the foil. Get the phosphate-free TSP.
On my labeled chips, it worked great they came out looking new.

Good luck. :tup:
6L. noted. Phosphate free TSP noted.

I assume that I turn the salad spinner while the US is running right?

I hear what you are saying but im lazy efficient when it comes to cleaning so id like to outsource the task to a piece of equipment if i can. plus I only have one set atm which will get dirty quicker, so the thought of being able to put them through the ultrasonic cleaner means they will probably get cleaned more often.
So.... It took around 700 games before my set got any real gunk on them. With a proper rotation, no sets should be hitting those kinda numbers...

So.... It took around 700 games before my set got any real gunk on them. With a proper rotation, no sets should be hitting those kinda numbers...
Hmmmm. Interesting. Im basing this off the RHC shuffle stack currently at my workstation and it feels like every second day I'm wiping gunk off them especially the white chips.

Attachments

• 20200924_125430.jpg
    20200924_125430.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 170
Hmmmm. Interesting. Im basing this off the RHC shuffle stack currently at my workstation and it feels like every second day I'm wiping gunk off them especially the white chips.
Color transfer is an issue with those. I was able to figure out around the moment our table made actual hooker juice. It was around 660 games. It's like a science experiment.

Then that could be arranged, as long as you're willing to wait... These long lead times are brutal, I wish I could get everyone's orders done quicker. And then I would have time for fun projects like the chip trays, chip boxes, and mini tables.

Then that could be arranged, as long as you're willing to wait... These long lead times are brutal, I wish I could get everyone's orders done quicker. And then I would have time for fun projects like the chip trays, chip boxes, and mini tables.

Find an apprentice! Many young budding woodworkers out there I'm sure.

waiting for all my dirty chips to arrive in the new year. Ill post an update then. I don't forsee any problems
Awesome, thanks. Yeah would be very interested in how it goes. I've got all my dirty chips but trying to plan the best way to clean without screwing anything up.

To clean?

100x Riffle Steins $1, about 800x Hi Deserts, 100x Empress $5 and a bunch of random starbursts.

From what I've read you might be best of handing cleaning the starbursts and the Hi Deserts. Really depends on the condition of the hot stamp whether or not to risk US cleaning them.

From what I've read you might be best of handing cleaning the starbursts and the Hi Deserts. Really depends on the condition of the hot stamp whether or not to risk US cleaning them.
Gotcha. Yeah the stamps for the Hi Deserts are pretty much all worn off anyway, they're pretty used. I guess I'll be sure to clean the Starbursts by hand though.

Is this an AUS only thread? LOL! I'm in the same boat - looking for one of these and it seems links go out of stock and new very similar looking units come in pretty regularly on Amazon. How does this one look? What features am I looking for other than 6 liter capacity?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGNYO0...olid=1O2VS2N1R7OVZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is a Prime Day featured item today, so price gets knocked down to under $90 in the cart! Probably too good to be true, right???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom