Ultrasonic Chip Cleaning (10 Viewers)

Do you find that red based colored chips tend to fade at a higher temp?

There are anecdotal reports of this happening. I haven't really noticed this per se, as I've never had to do an extended cleaning time with any of the Red chips I cleaned (for some reason, most of the red chips that I have gotten in hand were better condition, and less dirty, than the majority of chips I've cleaned). But given the experience of others, I try to use the lower temperature and shorter times for Reds.

Oh, and I oil most of my chips after cleaning, so the "faded/dry" look doesn't stay.

FA9A9E6A-ED53-495F-89CE-1062FF994DFB.jpeg

Just used an US cleaner for the first time (courtesy of @steam) The cleaning speed and power is amazing!

Anyone has these white stains after using their ultrasonic? Any ideas on how to get rid of them? Thanks!

I tried wiping them down with a wet cloth about 7-8 times but they keep coming back. Cant remove the metal container only so I’m not sure how safe spraying it with lots of water is.

Reading through all the comments and I must have missed it but any suggestions on a cleaning unit to buy and cleaner or detergent to use?

I think a decent amount of people have Vevor units, but i could be wrong. I have 2 Vevor models (2L and 6L), and they both work well. I picked up a faulty TBond 6L, so i'm not so sure how those are cleaning wise - but i did notice some quality differences between the Vevor and TBond units; i definitely preferred the quality of the Vevor over the TBond.
I mainly use Red Devil Non-phosphorus TSP, and I've used it on inlaid chips, as well as hot stamps. I tend to use a weaker solution bath (maybe a shy more than 3 tbsp. for the 6L unit filled). I've tried the Lundmark TSP, but imo, the red devil is less harsh if you happen to keep the chips in the u/s bath for a little too long. With that said, the only time i've dealt with the chip color fading is when i was soaking some roulette chips in a solution of Lundmark TSP and water. Probably used a bit too much TSP at the time, but I've done it with the red devil.. and a much smaller amount with no fading problems. I also dont do that anymore, and just pre-soak the chips in dawn and warm water :)

I think a decent amount of people have Vevor units, but i could be wrong. I have 2 Vevor models (2L and 6L), and they both work well. I picked up a faulty TBond 6L, so i'm not so sure how those are cleaning wise - but i did notice some quality differences between the Vevor and TBond units; i definitely preferred the quality of the Vevor over the TBond.
I mainly use Red Devil Non-phosphorus TSP, and I've used it on inlaid chips, as well as hot stamps. I tend to use a weaker solution bath (maybe a shy more than 3 tbsp. for the 6L unit filled). I've tried the Lundmark TSP, but imo, the red devil is less harsh if you happen to keep the chips in the u/s bath for a little too long. With that said, the only time i've dealt with the chip color fading is when i was soaking some roulette chips in a solution of Lundmark TSP and water. Probably used a bit too much TSP at the time, but I've done it with the red devil.. and a much smaller amount with no fading problems. I also dont do that anymore, and just pre-soak the chips in dawn and warm water :)

*phosphate free Red Devil TSP

I see that there is a 3L vevor on Amazon, doyou know if the salad spinner cage fits in that or will it just fit in the 6L and do you use the salad spinner cage or do you use something else?

Also, does the ultrasonic cleaning work on mint paulsons that have paint transfer or would a magic eraser and tooth brush be the best solution to get the paint transfer off?

I see that there is a 3L vevor on Amazon, doyou know if the salad spinner cage fits in that or will it just fit in the 6L and do you use the salad spinner cage or do you use something else?
maybe you can find a smaller version, the ones that's recommended in this thread would is probably too big. I have the salad spinner for the 6L but i tend to you a wooden paint stick to move the chips around. I dont mind it, and it seems to work okay.

Also, does the ultrasonic cleaning work on mint paulsons that have paint transfer or would a magic eraser and tooth brush be the best solution to get the paint transfer off?
I try not to use the u/s cleaner if i dont have to - especially on newer chips. I usually just use a magic eraser or tooth brush for chip with very light soil or light color transfer.

I agree; I only use the U/S for hooker juice. Color transfer, I'd do it by hand.

The salad spinner barely fits in the 6L, so I would say the 3L is too small. Also, I think it has fewer/less powerful transducers.

maybe you can find a smaller version, the ones that's recommended in this thread would is probably too big. I have the salad spinner for the 6L but i tend to you a wooden paint stick to move the chips around. I dont mind it, and it seems to work okay.

I try not to use the u/s cleaner if i dont have to - especially on newer chips. I usually just use a magic eraser or tooth brush for chip with very light soil or light color transfer.
I agree; I only use the U/S for hooker juice. Color transfer, I'd do it by hand.

The salad spinner barely fits in the 6L, so I would say the 3L is too small. Also, I think it has fewer/less powerful transducers.
Good to know and some good info! The cleaner where do you buy it from?

Go for the 6L. It's about more power in the unit.

U/S will not remove colour transfer. You will need a magic eraser and elbow grease for that.

Sort of off topic, with the paint transfer on a chip, what kind of toothbrush do you recommend? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a soft bristle and it did not do anything to the paint transfer, still all there. And a magic eraser, that won't hurt the chip quality will it?

Sort of off topic, with the paint transfer on a chip, what kind of toothbrush do you recommend? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a soft bristle and it did not do anything to the paint transfer, still all there. And a magic eraser, that won't hurt the chip quality will it?
Magic eraser works fine. Are these for the lady lucks fracs that you snipered from my wanted ad??? Because if the color transfer bothers you I will take them for $275 still. Lol

Be careful with Magic Eraser -- it's not magic, it's an abrasive. (A very-fine-particle-size abrasive, but an abrasive nonetheless. It WILL remove chip material.)

There is no paint, and thus no 'paint transfer'. Color transfer among clay chips is actual clay material rubbed onto a chip from another chip.

Ultrasonic won't remove it, and neither will washing with dishsoap and a toothbrush. You need to use a damp Magic Eraser and some elbow grease.

This thread hurts my head. Makes me want to find some Hookers to juice up my semi clean chips so they need a good cleaning !! LOL

Are those the S&K fracs?
Nope; Gold Strike HS 50c! I was nervous about cleaning them. Did a test on my worst one, including rinsing/drying/oiling/rubbing. There was no degradation of the HS, so I did the rest today. They came out great! They had some crud in the hats and in between some of the hot stamps... Came right off!

I tried using the search function here at PCF and didn't find what I am looking for so I am going to ask here. Is this cleaning method safe for SunFly hybrids?

I've cleaned my shuffle stack of SunFly PolyInno's without a problem.
No changed required to the OP? I am a little worried about the heat and ceramics. Only asking because the Post Oak Poker Club chips arrived today and they were DEFINITELY used in that card room :vomit:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom