Ultrasonic Chip Cleaning (9 Viewers)

Are those milled THCs with Gear labels that you ultrasonic cleaned? If so, I didn’t think you could ultrasonic chips with Gear labels.

yes they are, and always. ive never had an issue with his label's coming off or getting messed up. his label's are legit. they can handle the ultrasonic with ease.

Thanks. Wow. I just assumed they would shake right off. I am still nervous, but I may have to try out a test batch.

nothing to be nervous about, ive done it with multiple types of labels too. unlaminated, laminated smooth, laminated textured, thick lamination. they all handle it very well. :tup:

Clean chips look so nice!

P1110528.JPG

Fired up the ultrasonic cleaner yesterday and today for a couple short sessions. The amount of chips I got cleaned in an 2 x 30 mins sessions is amazing. Holy f%$k, why didn't I get one of these sooner!!

Only downside is I got so excited cleaning I forgot to take pics.

Hello thanks for your post I find it very interesting thanks again

How important is it to use distilled water? @allforcharity what do you use?

Generally it can be quite important, because it depends on the water quality where you live.
Our water quality is primo-excellent, so I use water straight from the tap and boiled.

Some people have poor quality water due to either poor source or poor quality pipes, and so should use distilled water.

So, the last time I cleaned chips by hand, I gave myself tennis elbow and suffered for 5 months. I just bought about 600 slightly used Paulsons that will benefit from a slight cleaning. I could use a brush + TSP as many have suggested, but I really, really, REALLY don't want to get another chip-related injury (god I sound weak).

With that said, any recommendations here for a cleaner for smaller amounts of chips? Harbor Freight's cleaner no longer works with the coupon.

I've done it both ways and the only way I'll do it again (unless it's just 20 or less chips) is with the ultrasonic. Yes I'm spoiled lol

This is the ultrasonic I bought. I got it for $95 with free shipping. If the chips are lightly soiled you won't need to wash them as long. THe chips will benefit from a light oiling afterwards to give them back their color. The reason why this is the recommended size is because the salad spinner fits really well in there for you to put the chips and rotate.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Liter-Industry-Ultrasonic-Cleaners-Cleaning-Equipment-w-Timers-Heaters/400762623779?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So, the last time I cleaned chips by hand, I gave myself tennis elbow and suffered for 5 months. I just bought about 600 slightly used Paulsons that will benefit from a slight cleaning. I could use a brush + TSP as many have suggested, but I really, really, REALLY don't want to get another chip-related injury (god I sound weak).

With that said, any recommendations here for a cleaner for smaller amounts of chips? Harbor Freight's cleaner no longer works with the coupon.

I have tried several and the Red Devil non-TSP TSP and it’s worked the best for me. And they have relatively small bags of it on Amazon.

CPC + ultrasonic? I have searched around and see people saying they wouldn’t advise cleaning CPCs with an ultrasonic but I don’t really see first hand experience. Is it more of the TSP or the ultrasonic itself that would be harmful? What about simple warm water or perhaps with some kind of basic household soap?

I picked up an 800 chip set that is definitely going to need a very good cleaning and I really don’t want to do it by hand individually.

CPC + ultrasonic? I have searched around and see people saying they wouldn’t advise cleaning CPCs with an ultrasonic but I don’t really see first hand experience. Is it more of the TSP or the ultrasonic itself that would be harmful? What about simple warm water or perhaps with some kind of basic household soap?

I picked up an 800 chip set that is definitely going to need a very good cleaning and I really don’t want to do it by hand individually.
I think it was the TSP which was the issue as it was potentially corrosive to the CPC chips? Test a chip or two before you go too far in. I would think soap and water would help some but not sure how much of the gunk it gets off without TSP.

It is because of the detergent. For some reason, ASM/CPC chips are very sensitive to a lot of the common industrial cleaners, and will react/melt, For these, you're better off with dish soap and a scrub brush.

This is the ultrasonic I bought. I got it for $95 with free shipping. If the chips are lightly soiled you won't need to wash them as long. THe chips will benefit from a light oiling afterwards to give them back their color. The reason why this is the recommended size is because the salad spinner fits really well in there for you to put the chips and rotate.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Liter-Industry-Ultrasonic-Cleaners-Cleaning-Equipment-w-Timers-Heaters/400762623779?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think I'm OK spending about $100 on a cleaner. I've already got the Red Devil that @Eloe2000 mentioned. 6L does seem rather big though - any other recommendations for a cleaner?

I think I'm OK spending about $100 on a cleaner. I've already got the Red Devil that @Eloe2000 mentioned. 6L does seem rather big though - any other recommendations for a cleaner?

6L is the best size. You're probably only going to use 2L of detergent mix in it. You want the higher power in a 6L unit. And a standard salad spinner fits well in it. Get one with a drain. I and many others on the forum use the Vevor unit - usually some good deals on eBay, especially if you can get it with a promo code.

6L is the best size. You're probably only going to use 2L of detergent mix in it. You want the higher power in a 6L unit. And a standard salad spinner fits well in it. Get one with a drain. I and many others on the forum use the Vevor unit - usually some good deals on eBay, especially if you can get it with a promo code.

Alright - Vevor; Drain; Salad Spinner for agitation. That's what I'll target on eBay. Hoping I can get it sub-$100.

I once cleaned about 800 hybrids using tap water & TSP with very dismal results -- and using long soak/run times (up to 3+ minutes), too. Hardly any difference in the chips whatsoever.

All other near-identical cleaning attempts on a variety of types of filthy chips has produced oustanding results with very short soak/run times (typically 30 seconds) -- with the *only* difference being that distilled water was used each time. It's been enough to totally convince me.

I bought a 3L one that works fine. I clean 50 chips at a time and just use a paint stirrer stick to move 'em around. Perfectly clean in 30 seconds.

The 3Ls seem to have 1 less transducer, so I went with the 6L. But it's good to know the 3Ls still have good performance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom