Trying to figure out this possibly CPC tournament set? (1 Viewer)

King_Sixx

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So I bought this from my chip collector friend years ago, and I keep looking it up but haven't found anything resembling it yet. He told me these hot stamps(?) are unique and may be the last ones made? I don't know, only other thing I know is that it has a seashell looking mold around the edges. From looking through the forum it seems similar to CPC, but wanted to see if anyone can take a stab at what they think these are? I'm not looking to sell them, was just curious to know what they are. Thanks!

(Sorry for the bad phone camera pictures, but tried to do get as clean a shot as possible).

pkchips02.jpg
pkchips01.jpg

pkchips03.jpg

These looks like Blue Chip Company blanks that were hotstamped. Kind of a crappy breakdown, but definitely not too many of these around...
Okay thanks, and it definitely looks better than the pictures do it justice. By crappy breakdown do you mean like how the face of the 25 is a little more distorted than the others?

Okay thanks, and it definitely looks better than the pictures do it justice. By crappy breakdown do you mean like how the face of the 25 is a little more distorted than the others?
Not so much that, but that the set seems to be missing a 100 value chip, and that there are so few 1000 value chips in the set relative to 5000 value chips. The absence of a 100 chip is really the backbreaker, though. With a decent amount of 100's, this could be a decent micro stakes cash set (values in cents) or T5 base tournament set, but as is, these chips together as a set can't really be used for anything.

Not so much that, but that the set seems to be missing a 100 value chip, and that there are so few 1000 value chips in the set relative to 5000 value chips. The absence of a 100 chip is really the backbreaker, though. With a decent amount of 100's, this could be a decent micro stakes cash set (values in cents) or T5 base tournament set, but as is, these chips together as a set can't really be used for anything.
Got it, ya I use it just for my micro-stakes home game. This was actually part of a 1000 chip set that has all the denominations, I just have the rest of those in storage. But whenever I dust those off I'll update the post!

Last edited:
Hot-stamped compression-molded clay chips on the flame mold, made by the Blue Chip Co. (BCC) -- who is no longer in business.

Definitely Blue Chip Company mold MD-103 flame (or shell):
http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_other.htm#md103

BCC chips are definitely desirable, nice set, especially if you can find more to round it out.

Edit: I see member @Split posted recently his set of these same chips:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/solids-pr0n.86749/page-4#post-2076360
Thanks! That's them exactly, haven't seen them online anywhere else. They feel great and dont slip easily. I'll have to gather mine together someday and take a (better) picture of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom