Wanted Tropicana $100 THC hot stamp (1979) (1 Viewer)

Stackme

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Still looking for a few more Trop $100 THC hot stamp chips to round out the top end of my hot stamp set, and would be overjoyed to find a couple more of these chips!

Please let me know if anyone has an extra or knows of any available. Thank you!

Trop $100.jpg

(Image courtesy of The Chip Guide)

Last edited:
I posted about this another time, but I have no idea where that post is....

Quite some time ago, maybe 10rs or so there was a guy that was a regular in my normal game. One day we got onto the subject of collecting chips and I told him that I had a largish collection. He then mentioned to me that he has a buddy that he plays golf with that used poker chips for ball markers. He claimed that his buddy had a garbage bag full of HS $100's from the Trop. He offered to bring one for me. A week or two later I was playing at a different table and he walked up and tossed that exact chip in front of me and said "there you go"

Obviously it's second hand info, but it seems as though they are out there in quantity.

Nanook, was that guy a doctor of sorts....why i ask is when is was putting together my Trop HS set a good dozen yrs ago the 100's were a pain to get in any quantity...1 here 4 there on eBay.
One day on eBay this fella had 5 singles up, so through our correspondence got to know he was an elderly gent and a doctor (possibly retired) and had offered me 2 racks. i bought one (i know...*k hindsight).
Anyway about 5-6 yrs ago tried to track down my transaction with him to see if... lol he had that 1 rack, but both
eBay and PayPal would only go back so far.
Stackme, these pop up every once and a while on the bay, good luck with the hunt.
Who knows someone might drop that bag one day and spill the beans :cool

I've been looking for these for a bit, basically the same reason as you, to round out a 3rd edition hot stamp set. I've seen a few pictures with barrels of them, but have been unable to get my hands on any. I think they are out there. Good luck with search.

Those have become even harder to get than ever. There is one on eBay for like $139. They were once a $25 chip. I have seen two people with them in quantity though. FlushBlack and myself have them in quantity. I finished my rack with his help. You have good taste sir ! Good luck with the hunt !

Attachments

• 6FD93376-6D55-4479-BBF8-C249A9E63E40.jpeg
    6FD93376-6D55-4479-BBF8-C249A9E63E40.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 137
Those have become even harder to get than ever. There is one on eBay for like $139. They were once a $25 chip. I have seen two people with them in quantity though. FlushBlack and myself have them in quantity. I finished my rack with his help. You have good taste sir ! Good luck with the hunt !
That spare barrel of $500 needs replaced w a custom $1k.

Nanook, was that guy a doctor of sorts....why i ask is when is was putting together my Trop HS set a good dozen yrs ago the 100's were a pain to get in any quantity...1 here 4 there on eBay.
One day on eBay this fella had 5 singles up, so through our correspondence got to know he was an elderly gent and a doctor (possibly retired) and had offered me 2 racks. i bought one (i know...*k hindsight).
Anyway about 5-6 yrs ago tried to track down my transaction with him to see if... lol he had that 1 rack, but both
eBay and PayPal would only go back so far.
Stackme, these pop up every once and a while on the bay, good luck with the hunt.
Who knows someone might drop that bag one day and spill the beans :cool
Hope inspired! Will keep an eye out on the Bay!

I've been looking for these for a bit, basically the same reason as you, to round out a 3rd edition hot stamp set. I've seen a few pictures with barrels of them, but have been unable to get my hands on any. I think they are out there. Good luck with search.
Thanks!
Well, I guess we know where that "bag of beans" ended up! Beautiful and inspiring set, thanks @41Pickup! Wow, those 500s!

You must have the only rack of 500's, beauty's they are. btw what are those 1's under the 100's

My plan now is to head over to @FlushBlack and @41Pickup house and be on the lookout for Rollers under the table!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Goes without saying, but if either of you come across any strays that need corralling, you know who to call!

Looking for a SINGLE at this point! Thank you!

Trop $100... anyone have a single or two they can part with? I feel like its almost worth going to the "big show" in vegas just to see if some of these are floating around out there:)

Looking for 8 more to complete a shuffle stack :)

IMG_3729 copy 3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom