For Sale TRIVIA - FREE - Pillage & Plunder (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have really been into cover songs for the past year or so, I’ve built a respectable library but would like to expand it and frankly I’m getting tired of searching. Offering up some samples in hopes of getting a lot of guesses, in a perfect world this will lead to me finding some good stuff I’ve missed.

The winner will receive a partial P&P sample set consisting of AT LEAST ten unique chips, including both the new Pieces of Eight and Sunset chips.

The trivia question is: What is my favorite cover song?

The winning answer must contain both the name of the song and the band performing it. The original song can be absolutely anything from any time period and any genre.

In the interest of fair play to keep one from spamming a list of 100 songs, each member is limited to five guesses per post and must wait at least 30 minutes between guesses.

In the interest of giving myself more opportunities to find new music I’m not announcing a winner until 8pm EST even if the first guess nails it :D. If there is no winner at that time I will offer hints to narrow it down.

Only hint I will give off the bat is my musical tastes, particularly when it comes to cover songs, lean heavily towards the various classifications of metal. These three are firmly in my current top five:

Ooof...I want these somethin’ fierce, and I’m at work!

Actual guesses: Shout; Land of Confusion; Don’t Cry for me Argentina. Bands listed below.

—-

Disturbed’s “Shout” and “Land of Confusuon” are both pretty good, but I’m sure you’ve already heard those.

Although I doubt this is it, I’m also going to submit as a guess “Don’t Cry for me, Argentina” by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. More punk than metal, but they are a pretty fantastic cover band. Look up their entire discography and see if there isn’t something that doesn’t suit your fancy. I also love their versions of Country Road, Stand by your Man, and many others.

No auto tune! He’s addressed that a few times. There’s a couple interviews with the guy.

I’m not a huge disturbed fan, but that cover and it’s progression is flawless.
I suppose I could go searching for it, but I don't believe it. I've listened to it a bunch of times for the past couple of years, and I can't imagine what I'm hearing if it isn't autotune.
And yeah, I'll go with your opinion there. I pretty much don't like metal at all, but this one is amazing.

I suppose I could go searching for it, but I don't believe it. I've listened to it a bunch of times for the past couple of years, and I can't imagine what I'm hearing if it isn't autotune.
And yeah, I'll go with your opinion there. I pretty much don't like metal at all, but this one is amazing.

Now, he may be a liar. I don’t claim to be an audiophile and can’t make a definitive stance on the matter, I just know he denies it.

Orgy covering New Order's Blue Monday

Fear Factory covering Gary Numan's Cars

Marilyn Manson covering Eurythmics's Sweet Dreams

Rob Zombie covering Grand Funk Railroad's We're An American Band

And ummm I dunno Joe Cocker's Little Help From My Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom