For Sale TRIVIA - FREE - Pillage & Plunder (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is Children of Bodom- oops I did it again...

While it's not the answer this is on my regular playlist. Did you get it from me? I know I posted the vid somewhere around here awhile back :)

Don't 100% quote me on this but I'm fairly sure no one has named the song, no one has named the band doing the cover and no one has named the band of the song being covered in any of their guesses so I should probably narrow it down a bit.

I did say I lean towards the various classifications of Metal but most of you seem to be focusing on Metal/Metal. The coverING band in question is more to the Nu Metal/Post Hardcore end of the spectrum. Will drop a clue pertaining to the coverED band in a couple hours (no the capitalized letters are not a subtle clue).

Tried listening to that, I couldn't get over the fact the lead singer sounded like Oscar the Grouch trying to sing metal.
That he does :) It's not a GOOD song as much as it is simply entertaining and fun to sing along to :D

Korn - Another brick in the wall - awesome cover!

Drowning pool - wanted dead or alive by bon jovi
Can't find but a terrible 30 second clip from a live show. I will keep searching!

Asking Alexandria - hysteria by def leppard

Vitamin string quartet - unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold (I haven't heard this one but loved their cover album of underoath's painted red

Will link videos when I get home!

Last edited:
While it's not the answer this is on my regular playlist. Did you get it from me? I know I posted the vid somewhere around here awhile back :)

Nope. My pandora is parked on the Five Finger Death Punch channel, and it comes on occasionally. :)

This thread absolutely rocks, I've actually thought about this very same idea for a while (gathering all my favorite covers). These are some of my favorites (in addition to the Disturbed Sound of Silence and Korn Another Brick in the Wall listed above):

Metallica Breadfan:

Metallica Turn the Page:

Disturbed Land of Confusion:

Godsmack Good Time Bad Times:

and LOL Psychostick Danger Zone:

Good Times Bad Times covered by Godsmack (original by Led Zeppelin)

Faith covered by Limp Bizkit (original by George Michael)

Bullet the Blue Sky covered by P.O.D. (original by U2)

Song 2 covered by Papa Roach (original by Blur)

Next hint.

I have a soft spot for mainstream music over the past 10 years or so. I have a 16 year old daughter and my son is nearly 18 so I've been around it all the time, when they were younger we ALWAYS had Sirius Hits 1 on while driving anywhere and a lot of it really grows on you after awhile. Hell, I saw Miley back when she was Hannah Montana and didn't hate being there :D

The song in question was #1 on the Billboard charts at some point from 2009-2014.

And another one in my Top Ten :)

Woe is me, Tik Tok by Kesha

Mayday Parade, Somebody that I used to know Gotye

Fear the concept, thrift shop macklemore

UMC, Happy by Pharrell Williams

Leo Moracchioli, Rolling in the deep by Adele

Videos coming momentarily :)

At this point I feel like I have won by finding new music myself. Thanks @Ronoh (y) :thumbsup:

By the way this isn't a cover and you probably already heard of them but just in case ... Enter Shikari is my all time favorite. You may like some of their older stuff better.

I’m not going to win this, but I’m giving you all the ones I really like as I think of them.

Shiny Toy Guns - Major Tom
Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes

Woe is me, Tik Tok by Kesha
WOW is that BAD! Tried hard to find a really good version of this song actually and this is the best I came up with. It's really not bad and gets better with the second verse. Also helps if you don't watch the video :D

At this point I feel like I have won by finding new music myself. Thanks @Ronoh (y) :thumbsup:
That was my own goal going in to this, I'll post more of mine once it's over. Haven't gotten around to listening to many of the submissions but looking forward to them :)

C'mon, baby....ONE TIME!

Dark Horse - Our Last Night (Katy Perry)

Call Me Maybe - Leaf (Carly Rae Jepsen)

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Halocene (Taylor Swift)

Poker Face - Published by Tamas Federer (Lady Gaga)

Wrecking Ball - Cry to the Blind (Miley Cyrus)

Heroes of the night, we are young by fun

Any given Day, diamonds by Rihanna

Animal in me, part of me by Katy Perry

Youth in revolt, royals by Lorde

I prevail, blank space by T swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom