SOLD Tournament Set Sale (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either 12/12/7/5 or 12/12/9/4
Did you ever thought instead of giving out equal starting stacks to give out barrels tarting with the lowest denomination until the starting stack of lets say 10k is reached. This way you bring the maximum of low denoms into play.
Just an idea.

Did you ever thought instead of giving out equal starting stacks to give out barrels tarting with the lowest denomination until the starting stack of lets say 10k is reached. This way you bring the maximum of low denoms into play.
Just an idea.
not possible with the T25 IOC. It has a breakdown of 120/120/100/60. 12/12/7/5 or 12/12/9/4 maximizes the lower denoms already.

Appreciate that the hotstamp might be a little too big to mill cleanly, but really surprised the new Fun Nite sets are still available. That's a lot of razor sharp, leaded chips for your money.

Get out of my head man!!!
good-hate (1).gif

The Diamond Jack tournaments carry around 40% lead if all carry a weight in 10.4 range

The Diamond Jack cash chips carry around 10 - 6% lead with $1’s, $25’s, $500’s being around 10% as they are upper 9g range(revised/reduced leaded), $2.50 and $5’s around 6% as those colors currently non leaded would be in the low 8g’s.
$100 being 6% as non leaded blacks would be 9.2/.1 range.

Also pips(edge spots) will have more or less lead depending on color and will affect weight too.

The IOC at 11g is 60% lead, any chip 11-10.4 is 60-40%.......
Just off the top of my head 6% lead seems reasonable, but 40% or 60%, idk....maybe, maybe not

Please don't take offense, but because you're the only person I've ever seen speak with such specificity on Paulson lead content, I have to wonder if you actually know what you're talking about. I want to believe everything you say on the topic because it would be nice to have these exact answers. But you seem to be certain about things that nobody else knows.
I am glad I am not the only one to question things. A lot of people will believe anything just because it is written somewhere on the internet. I like to apply a little common logic or "critical thinking" to things when my radar of "this seems like it might not be quite right" goes off. I am also a fan of "back of the napkin" math so here goes:

Here was my thought process:
- Calculate the volume of a poker chip.
- Calculate the density of a non-leaded poker chip - 8g ish
- Lookup the density of lead
- Com bine 6%, 11%, 40% & 60% lead and the non-lead portion in correct % & just see if it makes any sense

Results of the Math:
No Lead Poker chip @8g
6% lead = 10.9g
11% lead = 12.6g
40% lead = 24g
& if you had 60% of the volume of a poker chip lead and the other 40% was air it would still weigh in at 28.4g

Conclusion:
Considering that my calculations are rounded off and are not 100% exact I think that it is very reasonable that in order to add weight to a poker chip they would have added 5-10% of the volume of the poker chip in lead. This would have added somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-4g of weight & probably was seen as desirable. There is just no way that any poker chip has anything close to 40 or 60% of the volume made of lead as the poker chip would weigh far too much - somewhere in the mid 20g's to even over 30g. I am confident in my work.

Work below:

Just off the top of my head 6% lead seems reasonable, but 40% or 60%, idk....maybe, maybe not

I am glad I am not the only one to question things. A lot of people will believe anything just because it is written somewhere on the internet. I like to apply a little common logic or "critical thinking" to things when my radar of "this seems like it might not be quite right" goes off. I am also a fan of "back of the napkin" math so here goes:

- Com bine 6%, 11%, 40% & 60% lead and the non-lead portion in correct % & just see if it makes any sense

Results of the Math:
No Lead Poker chip @8g
6% lead = 10.9g
11% lead = 12.6g
40% lead = 24g
& if you had 60% of the volume of a poker chip lead and the other 40% was air it would still weigh in at 28.4g

Conclusion:
Considering that my calculations are rounded off and are not 100% exact I think that it is very reasonable that in order to add weight to a poker chip they would have added 5-10% of the volume of the poker chip in lead. This would have added somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-4g of weight & probably was seen as desirable. There is just no way that any poker chip has anything close to 40 or 60% of the volume made of lead as the poker chip would weigh far too much - somewhere in the mid 20g's to even over 30g. I am confident in my work.

Work below:
I will add that all the colors do not weigh the same, but that is probably minor

Results of the Math:
No Lead Poker chip @8g
6% lead = 10.9g
11% lead = 12.6g
40% lead = 24g

Conclusion:

Work below:
1679320866615.gif

Nanook …..I love how you showed your work ….. then drew a box around the answers …. Boy that takes me back ….. even if your wrong you’ll get partial credit

No drawing of the problem, -10%. My engineering teachers required a drawing, to show that you understood the problem even if you didn’t get the right answer because of a mistake. It’s been an invaluable tool in life.

Results of the Math:
No Lead Poker chip @8g
6% lead = 10.9g
11% lead = 12.6g
40% lead = 24g

Conclusion:

Work below:

I think you may have misunderstood something here. When someone writes that a chip is 60% lead, what’s meant is the chip is 60% lead *by weight*. In other words, 60% of the total mass (weight) of the chip is lead. That doesn’t imply anything about what volume of pure lead is present in the chip.

What you’ve done, above, is to calculate what the chip mass would be if the chip was 60% lead *by volume*, i.e. if 60% of the chip’s volume was pure lead. Your calculations would be correct if the lead content of poker chips was measured according to % by volume. However, that’s not the case.

not possible with the T25 IOC. It has a breakdown of 120/120/100/60. 12/12/7/5 or 12/12/9/4 maximizes the lower denoms already.
For 10 players yes. Let's say you have 9 players. You can still bring in 120 T25 and 120 T100 right from the beginning by giving out barrels of T25 and T100 and fill up with T500 and T1ks. If you like to bring all your low denomination into play. If not same chip distributed starting stacks is the way.

I couldn't make it to the sale, if anyone has a spare Jumers T25 Set, they are willing to part ways with it. I'd gladly purchase it from you.

Look what happens when you don’t draw a picture……
Ha! Thought the same thing. Constantly ding my fluid mechanics students for this.

"Oh so the flow is traveling at 20 cm/s into the blackbox, and because of change in cross-sec area and a 4% slope, it's leaving at 1612 cm/s? Huh. Show me where that occurs."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom